Hours Until GameDay!!! Canā€™t wait to get back to campus. I hope DePaul is bringing their earplugsā€¦ its gonna be LOUD!

:o :smiley: B) :slight_smile: :wub: :thumbsup: :bball: :toast: :clap:

Keep Carolina Green.

Just wanted to say iā€™m proud of our push for attendance this week, i have no problem spreading the word about our team if this is what it takes to get butts in the seats. Hopefully we wont have to work this hard from now on once people see that we are good and now we can start filling up Halton, Iā€™ll have to say that this unison effort from everyone around campus about gettin the word out is truly amazing, I hope we make Bobby proud Wed. we need him to stay and I think a good turnout will show him that he is appreciated.

I love the passion of the students that are spearheading the effort to make flyers and push the game to the rest of the campusā€¦BUT SHOULDNā€™T THAT BE HAPPENING ALREADY FROM OUR SPORTS MARKETING DEPT?!

Our own marketing of this team sucks. Itā€™s hard enough trying to get people to come to the games but when our own students have to make flyers and solicit fans because our own Sports Marketing Dept wonā€™tā€¦thatā€™s what I consider a real issue!!!

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 07:45 AM [b] I love the passion of the students that are spearheading the effort to make flyers and push the game to the rest of the campus...BUT SHOULDN'T THAT BE HAPPENING ALREADY FROM OUR SPORTS MARKETING DEPT?!

Our own marketing of this team sucks. Itā€™s hard enough trying to get people to come to the games but when our own students have to make flyers and solicit fans because our own Sports Marketing Dept wonā€™tā€¦thatā€™s what I consider a real issue!!! [/b]

Not trying to defend them but I know that our Marketing and Ticket Dept is also going the extra mile for this one. Additional banners are being put in front of the dorms and emails are being sent out to all students. Those are the two I heard. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more.

Also, the SMA (Student Marketing Association) is behind a lot of the flyers and other promotion. They work in conjunction with the Athletic dept.

While I agree it helpsā€¦ emails are generally less effective than you would wish them to be, and as far as a marketing dept. goes, shouldnā€™t really be something to hang your hat on. My 9yo cousin markets her b-day parties with them.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 11:01 AM [b] While I agree it helps... emails are generally less effective than you would wish them to be, and as far as a marketing dept. goes, shouldn't really be something to hang your hat on. My 9yo cousin markets her b-day parties with them. [/b]
If you really want to get the word out to the students... Why not do something behind the scenes on the network similar to what is done to gain access to public wifi hotspots. Basically, the first time you try to access the net, you go to a page where you have to sign in/pay for hte access. For the students, just make the first page they pull up be a flyer similar to the one someone posted here where they can easily click through and continue browsing.

Or what about getting the vidoe of the end of the Cincy game out there on the community computers and incorporate it into an ad somehow. How about someone write a screen saver for all the labs that basically plays adverts for the games, could even incorporate some video in it and have it controlled from a central server for itā€™s contentā€¦

LOL. NinerMacā€¦ I know exactly what you are talking about, and from from a technology standpoint with the resources available on campus, there are tons of opportunities like youā€™ve mentioned for getting any information to students in an easy manner.

That saidā€¦ youā€™ve just talked over the heads of everyone in Computing Services on campus. Iā€™ld put the odds on their being Charlotte football sooner than anything computer related like that on campus. <_<