Toys for Tots - Davidson

They have beaten us now 3 straight years (to my knowledge). Lets make it a point to not only win the basketball game next year, but lets make a few more kids’ Christmas that much more special next year. I understand probably most of us do other things through salvation army, angel tree, etc. but lets set the bar next year for Toys for Tots in the Charlotte/Davidson game.

Next time you are in target, and they have the $1 - $2.50 items and something is useful, just buy one or two. I’m not asking people to spend $50, just spend what you are comfortable with. If you spend $1 (i suggest cleaning up the resume) but that’s great.

Everything that I have heard about these kinds of things is that they prefer you to get a bunch of small item stuff anyways. Big items generally get shared, small items become personal.

More info:
[URL]http://www.toysfortots.org/default.asp[/URL]

I plan on bumping this thread next October, but thought I would start it while it is fresh on my mind.

Glad you brougt this up. Toys for tots is a really good program.
Given the sizes of the two schools, we should be able to collect more toys. Lets start next year at their place.

[QUOTE=ninerID;274906]They have beaten us now 3 straight years (to my knowledge). Lets make it a point to not only win the basketball game next year, but lets make a few more kids’ Christmas that much more special next year. I understand probably most of us do other things through salvation army, angel tree, etc. but lets set the bar next year for Toys for Tots in the Charlotte/Davidson game.

Next time you are in target, and they have the $1 - $2.50 items and something is useful, just buy one or two. I’m not asking people to spend $50, just spend what you are comfortable with. If you spend $1 (i suggest cleaning up the resume) but that’s great.

Everything that I have heard about these kinds of things is that they prefer you to get a bunch of small item stuff anyways. Big items generally get shared, small items become personal.

More info:
[URL]http://www.toysfortots.org/default.asp[/URL]

I plan on bumping this thread next October, but thought I would start it while it is fresh on my mind.[/QUOTE]

Great idea ID ! I’m ALL IN !

The school really doesn’t make much effort to push this, to be honest.

According to Cori Dayton, we won last year. That’s why we handed over the giant teddy bear or something.

Maybe it’s a curse to win Toys for Tots?

According to Cori Dayton, we won last year. That's why we handed over the giant teddy bear or something.

Maybe it’s a curse to win Toys for Tots?

i could have sworn we lost last year. Either way, its not a curse, we beat Davidson 2 years ago on the court, but lost TFT’s and they had the “we love children” chant, a classic. Either way, lets step this up a notch next year. I’m talking, have maybe a game next semester that is a “drop off” game like, don’t return the toy you don’t want donate it.

Davidson won the first two years, we won last year and they took back the title this year.

Also, I’m a season ticket-holder and I got a flyer in my basketball ticket package showing all the games that they were collecting toys at and they announced it every game.

[QUOTE=ninerID;274959]i could have sworn we lost last year. Either way, its not a curse, we beat Davidson 2 years ago on the court, but lost TFT’s and they had the “we love children” chant, a classic.[/QUOTE]
Oh god, I’d forgotten about that. Hilarious.

My school does a big push for TFT every year - it’s a great program. We should definitely do more to push it next year.

i could have sworn we lost last year. Either way, its not a curse, we beat Davidson 2 years ago on the court, but lost TFT's and they had the "we love children" chant, a classic. Either way, lets step this up a notch next year. I'm talking, have maybe a game next semester that is a "drop off" game like, don't return the toy you don't want donate it.

No, that’s my point. It IS a curse to win, if you look at the trend…

Year 1: Davidson wins TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (Plavich’s 7 threes)
Year 2: Davidson wins TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (Double OT)
Year 3: Charlotte wins TFTs, the basketball game never happens (Davidson wins by a million)
Year 4: Davidson reclaims TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (yay!)

So, I guess the new strategy is that we donate just enough to lose by 1 toy, even coming so far as to put a toy in the Davidson basket. That way the kids always win!

No, that's my point. It IS a curse to win, if you look at the trend....

Year 1: Davidson wins TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (Plavich’s 7 threes)
Year 2: Davidson wins TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (Double OT)
Year 3: Charlotte wins TFTs, the basketball game never happens (Davidson wins by a million)
Year 4: Davidson reclaims TFTs, Charlotte wins bball game (yay!)

So, I guess the new strategy is that we donate just enough to lose by 1 toy, even coming so far as to put a toy in the Davidson basket. That way the kids always win!

crap what was i thinking when i posted that…