Trade Advice

I have Jay Cutler as a backup to Peyton Manning in a keeper league.

6 pts for touchdowns rush/receiving 1 pt/10 yards rusing/receiving
4 pts for passing touchdown 1 pt/20 yards passing
8 team league

I have been offered a RB for Cutler
I can choose between Frank Gore or Steven Jackson.
Advice?

I have Jay Cutler as a backup to Peyton Manning in a keeper league.

8 team league

Advice?

I wouldn’t take any Ram right now. Gore all the way.

Who are your other RB’s, Cutler is looking really good right now, I wouldn’t trade him away if you don’t need a top back, I don’t think Gore is that great either though, depends on who you have now.

I have to second the vote to hang on to Cutler, assuming you have no other backup QBs. There are too many points to be lost at that position if Manning has a slump or gets hurt.

Otherwise, I would take Gore over Jackson - like MK said, it’s hard to pick any Ram right now. The only way I would take an RB is if you happened to get completely shafted in the draft and have zero production from one of those slots.

Sit on him for a bit, week 2 leverage is good, but not nearly as good as it can be. No Rams, and Gore puts the ball on the ground a bit much for my liking.

Sit on him for a bit, week 2 leverage is good, but not nearly as good as it can be. No Rams, and Gore puts the ball on the ground a bit much for my liking.

Agree.

Also, don’t be scared to shop Manning. If Gore is your best prospect offer him Manning and have him throw in a quality WR as well. Cutler won’t out produce Manning week in and week out, but a RB/WR combo along with Cutler could be big for you.

Manning is no longer untradeable IMO.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;341947]I have Jay Cutler as a backup to Peyton Manning in a keeper league.

8 team league

Advice?[/QUOTE]

Tough choice, but a must trade. I like Gore, but you can’t go wrong with Jackson either. Both will give you 1K+ yds and around 8-10 rushing TDs on the year.

Generally I agree with the other posts, but unless you have 2 real quality RB’s, I would probably make the trade. It appears that your point setup for the league is weighted heavy towards RB’s and receivers (3 passing TD’s=2 rushing TD’s). It’s nice to have a great backup at QB, but the backup, whoever it is, is not getting you any points. I would study the schedules of Denver and Indy, and keep the QB with the better schedule. Denver’s looks easier overall to me, but the last 3 weeks of the NFL season (fantasy playoff weeks) favor neither.

Waiting another week or two may get you a better offer if another starter becomes injured, but in an 8-team league most teams likely have a decent backup. Also, a FA might step up out of the blue and the trade offer might be recinded.

I’ve got Marshawn Lynch as my only solid producer

Others:
Lawrence Maroney
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Lendale White

Take the trade. Phoney Maroney is getting less carries than Sammy Morris, and McGahee is already fighting the injury bug. Brown is sharing carries, and White is too. If you can get a better running back by trading Manning, I would do that too. I think you’re setting pretty either way.

I've got Marshawn Lynch as my only solid producer

Others:
Lawrence Maroney
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Lendale White

eesh, yeah Manning for Gore, do it.

Like others have said, I would do a trade. And I think you have the leverage so don’t do one you don’t like. You might try doing a package like MK mentioned. I would look maybe to one of the teams that have Forte or Chris Johnson, and try to package them with a top tier receiver. If you go after the rookies somebody may be more willing to do a double package.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;342200]I’ve got Marshawn Lynch as my only solid producer

Others:
Lawrence Maroney
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Lendale White[/QUOTE]

That looks like my backfield in one of my leagues minus Lynch and White. It was a autopick league and I forgot to rank so go figure. But take Gore or Jackson, they’ll both step in as your top performer this year (unless McGahee actually runs the ball this year).