Transfer risks?

We have already had a transfer this year so our horrible run in that area continues.

I am worried about other transfers.

My biggest worry is Jon Davis.

He has been so good that he could easily move up to a P5 school.

Does anyone else see this as a big risk?

[quote=“Gassman, post:1, topic:30723”]We have already had a transfer this year so our horrible run in that area continues.

Does anyone else see this as a big risk?[/quote]
If he wants to he can play one more season and go pro in my opinion so I don’t think he would go sit somewhere for one year and then play one when he doesn’t need to. I do think that the random nature of playing time for each player could be non-conducive for keeping kids around though. I think Price is still learning how to distribute minutes and this seems to be a big learning curve for him.

The sky is falling? We didn’t shoot well one game and the other team did.

Not following. This has nothing to do with today’s game.

You do know we have lost player after player to transfer over the last few years right?

[quote=“JB, post:2, topic:30723”][quote=“Gassman, post:1, topic:30723”]We have already had a transfer this year so our horrible run in that area continues.

Does anyone else see this as a big risk?[/quote]
If he wants to he can play one more season and go pro in my opinion so I don’t think he would go sit somewhere for one year and then play one when he doesn’t need to. I do think that the random nature of playing time for each player could be non-conducive for keeping kids around though. I think Price is still learning how to distribute minutes and this seems to be a big learning curve for him.[/quote]

I agree that Davis could go pro after next year. Wasting a year transferring makes no sense to me for a player like him. Barring injury he’s going to play pro ball somewhere. Why not get started earlier.

You do know we have lost player after player to transfer over the last few years right?[/quote]

I don’t understand the point of this thread other than another wallowing in ones sorrows. Players transferring are always a risk to any program. John Davis is basically the face of our program right now. He gets all the playing times he wants and is being coached by a guy that had a lot of success as a guard in the NBA. Maybe he decides to delay his game and go somewhere else where he may or may not get the same amount of playing time or development. If any player leaves life goes on just like it always has at Charlotte.

Biggest transfer risk is me. What’s the point of continuing to support an athletic department such as this one?

You do know we have lost player after player to transfer over the last few years right?[/quote]

I don’t understand the point of this thread other than another wallowing in ones sorrows. Players transferring are always a risk to any program. John Davis is basically the face of our program right now. He gets all the playing times he wants and is being coached by a guy that had a lot of success as a guard in the NBA. Maybe he decides to delay his game and go somewhere else where he may or may not get the same amount of playing time or development. If any player leaves life goes on just like it always has at Charlotte.[/quote]

He hasn’t transferred yet no ones wallowing in anything. I was hoping that someone who has more info on the team, contacts, etc., might know something about his mindset, heard something, etc.

I will be sure to explicitly state that the next time I post so there is no confusion.

In this day and age of college basketball, every player on every roster is a transfer risk. Only player not a threat on our roster is Hudson Price. No one else would surprise me. I’d say the same thing if we were undefeated. Kids get unhappy for any number of reasons and their handlers are always in their ears. Just part of the game.

Savage!

Pretty much my thoughts as well, unfortunately.

Jon Davis. I’ll be stunned if he is hear next year.

[quote=“s9er, post:11, topic:30723”]Jon Davis. I’ll be stunned if he is hear next year.[/quote]I hope he doesn’t go deaf. That’ll really hurt his NBA chances.

lol

clt bets that we will have players transfer in and out. so are the snowflake millennials.

Then you wouldn’t mind giving me 100:1 odds on my $5 bet he stays. Should be an easy $5 for you.

Prepare to be stunned, then. Oh, that’s right: if you’re prepared, then you won’t be stunned. Anyway, he ain’t leaving.

Speaking of transfers, or previous ones. BIG article on Dorn with pix on front page of the o’s sports page of the print version today.

I’m happy for Dorn. 3rd leading scorer for the Pack as a Sophomore. He could be an all-ACC caliber player by the time he is done there. As compared to starring on what would have continued to be a struggling 49er squad, I say good for him!

Moving forward… Hopefully we land some good transfers this year. Perhaps some taller jucos and/or 5th year players can make an immediate impact on next season’s team.

[quote=“49r9r, post:19, topic:30723”]Moving forward… Hopefully we land some good transfers this year. Perhaps some taller jucos and/or 5th year players can make an immediate impact on next season’s team.[/quote]hopefully. Relying on that every year is no way to build a program though and that seems to be what we are doing every year, intentional or not.