Transfers

Welcome to the Niner Nation! Two guys to transfer in are OL Daniel Blitch from Wake Forest and OL Monte Golden out of Memphis. Both guys are great pick ups and should step in right away and dominate up front.

Joining them will be Duke Mosby from Wake and DaQuan Lucas from Miami (OH).

Nice! It looks like we’re really starting to get an idea of what the team will look like on Day 1. Looking forward to seeing who else we bring in. Welcome aboard, gentlemen!

I know that there are in the neighborhood of 40 players transfering from other schools or walking on.Does anyone know what is up with these players? I was at a local HS game and was told the kid who played QB at Mooresville a year back was enrolled at Charlotte but I haven’t seen him appear in any football news.Pat OBrian big kid who can run and throw

A lot of walkons, I’m assuming a majority of them won’t be around more than 1 season. We need guys to help us practice this year.

I think I read somewhere recently that we had 80 players that would begin working out this week. We signed 26 in February so the other 54 are walk-ons and transfers.

Although we don’t know how good these guys will actually be until we see them play, sounds like we’ll have a pretty beastly o-line by FCS standards. Our guys should be significantly bigger than most FCS linemen the first two years. That should only make things easier for our backs.

Daquan Lucas apparently really stood out in practice today.

I can’t remember where I saw it, may have been the Gold Mine, yesterday, but apparently we have a player who transferred from Albany, and D2 Findlay Ohio (both OL).

Posted this in the 2013 recruiting thread but I’ll put it here as well…

Three transfers are on the roster – sophomore offensive tackle Daniel Book (Albany), sophomore offensive tackle Peter Fields (Findlay, Ohio) and junior nose tackle Duke Mosby (Wake Forest). Mosby played in five games last season for the Deacons before being dismissed from the team for breaking undisclosed team rules. Fields, who played at Bishop-McGuinness High in Kernersville, played in nine games last season for Division II Findlay.

Saw that in the Gold Mine 2k. I noticed Daniel Book and Peter Fields were not listed.

Peter Fields - Findlay U Profile

Daniel Book - U Albany Profile

Fields is from Advance, listed as a TE, and Book is from Harrisburg, and listed as an OL.

Two players didn't work out because of injuries -- strong safety Danny Leonardi (ankle) and sophomore lineman Monte Golden (foot) ...[b]Three transfers are on the roster -- sophomore offensive tackle Daniel Book (Albany), sophomore offensive tackle Peter Fields (Findlay, Ohio) and junior nose tackle Duke Mosby (Wake Forest).[/b] Mosby played in five games last season for the Deacons before being dismissed from the team for breaking undisclosed team rules. Fields played in nine games last season for Division II Findlay ... The 49ers will continue with conditioning drills for three weeks before going into a more traditional mode of practice in September ... The turf in the stadium is nearly completely installed. The outside of the field is ringed with gold and the end zones are black. Read more here: [url=http://gmine.blogspot.com/2012/08/observations-from-first-charlotte-49ers.html#storylink=cpy]http://gmine.blogspot.com/2012/08/observations-from-first-charlotte-49ers.html#storylink=cpy[/url]

Doesn’t mention Blitch can anyone confirm that he is on campus? Also states that Monte Golden didn’t take part in drills due to injury but doesn’t list him as a transfer so not sure why just three guys were listed as transfers.

Blitch is here. You can see him in the video of practice. He is the guy who’s twice as big as everyone else.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:12, topic:26896”]Blitch is here. You can see him in the video of practice. He is the guy who’s twice as big as everyone else.[/quote]I saw Blitch in there as well.

Blitch is here, matter of fact I am hearing we are getting another transfer from Wake. What is going on up there?

[quote=“jason27nc, post:14, topic:26896”]Blitch is here, matter of fact I am hearing we are getting another transfer from Wake. What is going on up there?[/quote]In addition to Mosby?

Yes, rumor has it a safety has transferred in. Safety Desmond Cooper.

[quote=“jason27nc, post:16, topic:26896”]Yes, rumor has it a safety has transferred in. Safety Desmond Cooper.[/quote]confirmed.

If my count is right, that’d give Cooper 2 years with us.

I wounder if the staff wish they had more scholarships for transfers. I mean this would not be happening had we not joined the CUSA. Even though these guys will never play in the CUSA it has already made our program bigger. By the time we play our first CUSA game we will be loaded with talent. This is very exciting when you think about it. Proud to be a part of this.Go 49ers!!!

I feel better about 2013 by the week. Not a knock on our current class, but 19 year olds rarely contribute on any level.

Our OL should be bigger than any of the other teams we’ll face. Mosby will be a great NT in the 3-4 Tall wants to run. Cooper played in all 13 games last season at a BCS school, he was highly rated for instincts and anticipation out of high school we would could have our defensive team captain out there.

We need an experienced QB to lead us through the first season or 2, a shutdown CB and a top target WR and I’ll feel really good.