"trumpet boy"

hey guys… kinda out of the blue here… but does anybody remember that game when we played NC State and there was a boy there that brought a trumpet and played before and during the game?

[i]Originally posted by Bballaeric20[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 09:31 PM [b] hey guys.. kinda out of the blue here.. but does anybody remember that game when we played NC State and there was a boy there that brought a trumpet and played before and during the game? [/b]
That kid rocked!!! He was playing the horn in the hotel lobby each day before the game.

haha thanks… you’re talkin to him right now

it was also fun when i played the “na na na na goodbye” song at the end of the game…

[i]Originally posted by Bballaeric20[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 09:41 PM [b] haha thanks... you're talkin to him right now [/b]
Hey, that's cool Bballaeric. I remember that. Are you a student now?

I think I remember a trumpet kid, but I think he looked like he was 7 years old or so. Maybe it’s a different kid.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Feb 6 2005, 10:56 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Feb 6 2005, 10:56 AM)
[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 10:58 AM [b] I think I remember a trumpet kid, but I think he looked like he was 7 years old or so. Maybe it's a different kid. [/b]
if it was me i'd be 11 at the time.. maybe i looked 7?

dang, i guess that was you. did you play at Davidson too? at least you’re not in college yet. then I’d really feel old.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 11:45 AM [b] dang, i guess that was you. did you play at Davidson too? at least you're not in college yet. then I'd really feel old. [/b]
yeah.. i brought it to two games
[b]yeah... i'm a sophomore in high school[/b]

Have you committed to Charlotte yet? We need more fans/people like you.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 01:38 PM [b]
[b]yeah... i'm a sophomore in high school[/b]

Have you committed to Charlotte yet? We need more fans/people like you. [/b]

no… i’m definitely thinking about it… i’ve been a fan since i was born… and it’s always been kinda my dream to go to charlotte - do they have a good music program?

i dont kn ow about the academic music programs but our pep band is good stuff. The coolest thing about it is we play at all charlotte 49er home basketball games

you might even consider joining pep band before you graduate high school. just show up in robinson hall tuesdays at 5 oclock with your trumpet.

if you come this tuesday, it even might be possbile you might be able to suit up for houston wednesday.

if interested, contact Cory Dover the director at:
c.dover@cms.k12.nc.us

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 05:57 PM [b] if you come this tuesday, it even might be possbile you might be able to suit up for houston wednesday.

[/b]

that would be fun, but wednesday’s my busiest night, and driving an hour and 30 mins every tuesday just to practice with the band would be somewhat time consuming considering the homework load i have every night.

“trumpet boy”…haven’t seen your Dad this year…where has he been hiding?

tell him Niner Mike said hello…

your trumpet playing at the NCSU tourney was one of my fondest Niner memories… beat my “who let the dogs out- Lutz, Lutz” chant

trumpet boy rules.

[i]Originally posted by ninermike[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:27 AM [b] "trumpet boy"...haven't seen your Dad this year...where has he been hiding?

[/b]

he’s been around… he’s at every game i’m at… and he’s got a name on here “fishniner”. “your trumpet playing at the NCSU tourney was one of my fondest Niner memories… beat my “who let the dogs out- Lutz, Lutz” chant”… thanks - i’ll probably do it again sometime… maybe i can get some more people to join?