Tulane Pregame

Alright, let’s beat up a bad team on the road for once. Neither Florida Atlantic or FIU were able to break 1.000 points per posession against us. First time that’s happened in consecutive games since Michigan/UNC Asheville.

KenPom projects a score of 72-69 in favor of Charlotte at the moment.

Some key statistics I see on the scouting report:

Tulane gets to the line, their FTA/FGA ratio is nearly 55%. That is good for 15th in the nation. On the other hand, we allow a FTA/FGA ratio of 33.5% which is 45th. Tulane is barely top 300 in 2pt field goal percentage, so our problem containing penetration into the paint might not be our Achilles heel Friday night.

Tulane’s opponents take nearly 40% of their shots from behind the arc and make 35% of those. This a really good sign for us, they know what kind of threat Cherry is, plus he is comfortable in this gym. We don’t take a lot of bad 3-pointers as a team, and we will find ourselves open a lot. We need to come out on fire, hopefully Denzel can end his slump.

Tulane plays mostly a zone but allows 51% on 2-pt shots. We should be able to score a lot on the Green Wave, it’s just a matter of the defense continuing its recent trend.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:1, topic:28584”]Alright, let’s beat up a bad team on the road for once. Neither Florida Atlantic or FIU were able to break 1.000 points per posession against us. First time that’s happened in consecutive games since Michigan/UNC Asheville.

KenPom projects a score of 72-69 in favor of Charlotte at the moment.

Some key statistics I see on the scouting report:

Tulane gets to the line, their FTA/FGA ratio is nearly 55%. That is good for 15th in the nation. On the other hand, we allow a FTA/FGA ratio of 33.5% which is 45th. Tulane is barely top 300 in 2pt field goal percentage, so our problem containing penetration into the paint might not be our Achilles heel Friday night.

Tulane’s opponents take nearly 40% of their shots from behind the arc and make 35% of those. This a really good sign for us, they know what kind of threat Cherry is, plus he is comfortable in this gym. We don’t take a lot of bad 3-pointers as a team, and we will find ourselves open a lot. We need to come out on fire, hopefully Denzel can end his slump.

Tulane plays mostly a zone but allows 51% on 2-pt shots. We should be able to score a lot on the Green Wave, it’s just a matter of the defense continuing its recent trend.[/quote]

Tulane has also never won when they were outscored by their opponent. I think we’re in good shape for a W.

Road game against a team having a poor season. And right before the Southern Miss game which I expect might be easier to get up for, even if the opponent is more likely to win. I think the Niners looked a little better last two games, but I’m suspicious this road game may turn out tougher than it should be given the way the Niners have played on the road in conference.

As an aside, I didn’t realize this game was on Friday night. I assume this was probably done to have a Fri.-Sun. sched with the Sunday game dictated by the t.v. schedule?

Id rather watch Perry Clark coach a game than the best Adam Sadler or Will Ferrell flick.

He did recruit some freaks in mid 90s, kept them in top 25.

Its on the road? Aw crud biscuits. Well I am chalking this up to an L and going off to enjoy my evening.

Yes otherwise another day wasted staying out on the road

Opening Line: Charlotte -3.5

will there be a stream for this game?

Called it. We can’t beat ANYBODY on the road. Rice? Nope. UTSA? Nope. CofC? Nope. Now Tulane. If its not in Halton or a neutral site we simply cannot win the game.

Is it August yet?