Tyler Barnette promoted to Charlotte Knights

Congrats to Tyler!! He’s been up and down as a starter but was solid out of the bullpen for the Intimidators.

no mention yet from Observer. meanwhile the Knights promotion of Rodon has been front page for 24 hours and in print.

Pitched 2 scoreless innings in his Knights debut.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_08_17_chraaa_dubaaa_1&t=g_box&did=milb&sid=t494

And you were expecting what?

And you were expecting what?[/quote]

While I understand what you’re saying, there’s a difference in the #3 overall pick, a SP, moving up so quickly and a 14th round RP moving up. I’d certainly like to see a piece about it, but I get the Rodon love.

While I understand what you’re saying, there’s a difference in the #3 overall pick, a SP, moving up so quickly and a 14th round RP moving up. I’d certainly like to see a piece about it, but I get the Rodon love.[/quote]

My expectations were very low, but I at least expected, the “for Niners only” observer blogger to mention it in his “for Niners only” blog.

Regardless, great to see Barnette, make the jump and do well in his 1st appearance. For whatever reason, he is getting a shot and hopefully he makes the best of it.

While I understand what you’re saying, there’s a difference in the #3 overall pick, a SP, moving up so quickly and a 14th round RP moving up. I’d certainly like to see a piece about it, but I get the Rodon love.[/quote]
No, actually when you consider Tyler is a CHARLOTTE player and he has moved up so quickly (in ~1 year) I think THAT should actually be the bigger story IN CHARLOTTE. Everyone knew Rodon would move up quickly.

After doing some searching, I found this little blurb in the Knight blog for the Observer:

Former UNC Charlotte standout Tyler Barnette tossed two perfect innings with a strikeout in his Knights debut on Sunday. A former starter, now turned reliever, Barnette touched 96 mph with his fastball

http://cltknightsinsider.blogspot.com/2014/08/game-131-charlotte-knights-vs-gwinnett.html#storylink=cpy

Best of luck to Tyler, looks like the move to the pen is working out great for him.

No, actually when you consider Tyler is a CHARLOTTE player and he has moved up so quickly (in ~1 year) I think THAT should actually be the bigger story IN CHARLOTTE. Everyone knew Rodon would move up quickly.[/quote]

Perhaps our beat writer is out of town on vacation or a business trip. :slight_smile:

Actually, I agree with you 100%. Something should be mentioned. Not only does he play for CHARLOTTE now and not only did he play for CHARLOTTE in college, but he is from the Hickory area, which is part of this region. I believe we have been told a FEW times the Observer is a regional paper.

Guys… not saying they couldn’t have done a little more pub, but Rodon being called up would be in the paper regardless of if he went to NC State, Oregon State, or Southwest Central Missouri Catholic State. He’s been hyped up since he was 16. He jumped from low A ball to triple A in 3 months. The fact that he went to NC State is icing on the cake for the O. This is not hate on the Charlotte 49ers, this is giving a story the coverage it deserves. It is however poor timing for Tyler, because I feel like if this wasn’t happening, he would be getting some more pub.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:11, topic:28955”]Guys… not saying they couldn’t have done a little more pub, but Rodon being called up would be in the paper regardless of if he went to NC State, Oregon State, or Southwest Central Missouri Catholic State. He’s been hyped up since he was 16. He jumped from low A ball to triple A in 3 months. The fact that he went to NC State is icing on the cake for the O. This is not hate on the Charlotte 49ers, this is giving a story the coverage it deserves. It is however poor timing for Tyler, because I feel like if this wasn’t happening, he would be getting some more pub.[/quote]Well said, agree 100%

I am still hoping the O decides to do the RIGHT THING and give Tyler credit where credit is due too. There is no reason both players should not be recognized.

Don’t you agree?

So, he did what was expected all along? Meanwhile, a CHARLOTTE kid moved up (MUCH Less heralded) in just over 1 year from Low A ball to AAA IN CHARLOTTE as well and somehow you think that is LESS worthy of coverage in the CHARLOTTE paper? Really?

So, he did what was expected all along? Meanwhile, a CHARLOTTE kid moved up (MUCH Less heralded) in just over 1 year from Low A ball to AAA IN CHARLOTTE as well and somehow you think that is LESS worthy of coverage in the CHARLOTTE paper? Really?[/quote]

I still think the O will do what’s right and give Tyler some publicity too. I have no doubt someone from the AD’s office has been calling the O to remind them Tyler played college baseball in CHARLOTTE and is also from this REGION.

After all, Mike P has never let us down before.

spoke with Sorenson today. He met with Tyler and Hibbs. He will have a column on Tyler soon.

[quote=“919R, post:17, topic:28955”]spoke with Sorenson today. He met with Tyler and Hibbs. He will have a column on Tyler soon.[/quote] Did he show you David Scott’s picture on a milk carton?

It’s unlike me to pat myself on the back, but it looks like I called it correctly again. :slight_smile:

I’m glad Sorenson is doing the article instead of it appearing in the “For Niners Only” blog. Tom has always called it like he saw it, including giving us credit when it was due.