Tyler Fain DT 2014 Commit

No mention of this guy yet or have I missed it? Really nice DT commit for us. Had several other offers including Marshall and ECU

Has been mentioned on another threadā€¦but position of need and appears to be a solid get

He is a rivals 2 Star (But who isnā€™t), ESPN zero star.

We do need a big DT if we want to play a 3-4 effectively. Not quite sure he qualifies but still good to have the depth.

Welcome aboard Tyler!

He had several solid offers. I would imagine he is a kid that will redshirt and they will put some weight on him so that the can be a solid DT in CUSA.

That is key. It seems that most unrated players offered by an FBS school are eventually listed at 2 stars, but seeing several quality offers shows that multiple scouts saw good qualities in him.

My question is. Is he 6ā€™4ā€™ 275 like heā€™s listed on HUDL or is he 6ā€™3 255 like on the site. Another site has him listed at 270 another at 260. So he is between 250 and 270.

2nd team defense. 1st on another. No Nike information. HS Team was 1-9 means no defense. Gave up 328 points to scoring 102

Goose eggs 3 times during the season. Max Preps No rosters No statistics. How many tackles? Sacks? Ranked 8500 in the states

No combine information. Can he run? He can wrestle. What does he bench? What does he squat?

On HUDL there were three plays where he ran more than 15 feet.

Breakdown of plays on Hudl

180 pound OT didnā€™t block
Same OT didnā€™t chip block and RB didnā€™t block either
OT didnā€™t chip and back ran wrong gap
Beats huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces a hurry
180 pound ROT misses chip block and the back didnā€™t block
Beats the same huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces disruption
Hurries a kicker and should have gotten a flag
Beats 170 pound guard who couldnā€™t block
Offence
Beats same huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces a hurry
Good job beating a 200 pound guard.
OT didnā€™t chip block and the 160 pound guard didnā€™t want any of him

More of the same more of the same

I just donā€™t knowā€¦

[quote=ā€œDeep Purple 51, post:6, topic:28547ā€]HS Team was 1-9 means no defense. Gave up 328 points to scoring 102

Goose eggs 3 times during the season. [/quote]
Indian River has a 2017 kid with a host of offers from BCS schools. You should contact them and let them know what they may be getting themselves into.

[quote=ā€œDeep Purple 51, post:6, topic:28547ā€]My question is. Is he 6ā€™4ā€™ 275 like heā€™s listed on HUDL or is he 6ā€™3 255 like on the site. Another site has him listed at 270 another at 260. So he is between 250 and 270.

2nd team defense. 1st on another. No Nike information. HS Team was 1-9 means no defense. Gave up 328 points to scoring 102

Goose eggs 3 times during the season. Max Preps No rosters No statistics. How many tackles? Sacks? Ranked 8500 in the states

No combine information. Can he run? He can wrestle. What does he bench? What does he squat?

On HUDL there were three plays where he ran more than 15 feet.

Breakdown of plays on Hudl

180 pound OT didnā€™t block
Same OT didnā€™t chip block and RB didnā€™t block either
OT didnā€™t chip and back ran wrong gap
Beats huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces a hurry
180 pound ROT misses chip block and the back didnā€™t block
Beats the same huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces disruption
Hurries a kicker and should have gotten a flag
Beats 170 pound guard who couldnā€™t block
Offence
Beats same huge un-athletic OT with quickness and forces a hurry
Good job beating a 200 pound guard.
OT didnā€™t chip block and the 160 pound guard didnā€™t want any of him

More of the same more of the same

I just donā€™t knowā€¦[/quote]

Trust the coaches to make the right evaluation. Apparently we werenā€™t the only ones to offer him. You do realize that our coaches saw more than his HUDL highlights right??

Also, I donā€™t know how many studs weā€™re going to pull at the moment. Right now itā€™s about building our depth and having serviceable bodies to rotate in and out. I think we saw last year where that absolutely killed us at times.

Exactly, couldnā€™t say it better.