Tyler Lewis - 2012

Saw this in yesterday’s Observer. Lewis is a 7th grader who plays on the varsity of Statesville Christian.

Several recruiting services who track kids his age rank Tyler among the nation's top 20 in the class of, ahem, 2012.
Charlotte.com: [b][url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/16522946.htm]7th-grader scores big on varsity team[/url][/b]

2012? Seriously? The kid still has his first 4 stupid years between now and then.

Should we start a thread for MKNiner’s newly born boy?

Hey, I have a request. Can we please make a rule to wait until a kid is at least past the age of starting puberty before we post him on here. I mean, come on, 2012? And who are these recruiting services that are ranking 7th graders? I wonder what percentage of these kids who are ranked when they’re that young are still ranked when they’re old enough to drive by themselves. On the other hand, very interesting story, but if a 7th grader who is only 5’4 is scoring that much, I’m wondering what kind of competition he’s playing against. I used to beat some high schoolers in street ball when I was in middle school, but most of them never amounted to anything in basketball.

Should we start a thread for MKNiner's newly born boy?

It depends, how tall is he?

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s size of the fight in dog!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's size of the fight in dog!

OK, well I guess it depends on how mean MKNiner’s baby boy is. I guess we need a game tape of how intense he gets playing with his toys. If the intensity is there, start a thread 'cause we got ourselves a baller.

Why not start with recruiting Colby? 31 ppg from a soph aint bad.

Latest on Lewis, who is now playing at Forsyth Country Day, which is coached by former Demon Deacon Rusty LaRue.

Charlotteobserver.com: College recruiters race to younger talent

And a link to his stats…

Maxpreps.com: Tyler Lewis #12

According to Mike P in the shoutbox, Lutz offered a scholarship already. So have a few other teams.

EDIT: Oops - did not see the dates on the posts in this thread! I thought it was new.

Lewis has grown 6 inches (5’4" to 5’10") since the thread started and is now a HS freshman.

Looks like he got 13 & 3 against Oak Hill (even at his age) so my money is he is ACC bound because they are the best basketball conference ever formed so stop debating it (look at the G. Tech score from this weekend and drink the Kool Aid children…drink the Kool Aid…)

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;369986]…my money is he is ACC bound because they are the best basketball conference ever formed so stop debating it…[/QUOTE]
I’m anticipating the day when the NCAA just dispenses with the regular season as we know it and has a 12-team Big Dance made up exclusively of the ACC so that the National Championship will always reside with the conference that should win it every year anyway! :rolleyes: :tongue:

"He’s already in his third season starting for a high school varsity basketball team even though he’s just a ninth-grader and 5-foot-10, 145 pounds.

But he has exceptional passing ability and a dead-on jump shot from 22 feet at Forsyth Country Day. And he already has coaches with the Charlotte 49ers, Auburn and Virginia Tech telling him they will pay his tuition, room and board if he will play basketball for them."

[URL]http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2008/12/16/coaches-still-recruiting-the-barely-pubescent/[/URL]

dude

keep up :doh:

Not gonna hate on HappyCamper, but isnt this like the third thread on this very subject?

[QUOTE=The Lax;370509]Not gonna hate on HappyCamper, but isnt this like the third thread on this very subject?[/QUOTE]
Well, certainly isn’t the first! :tongue:

Link: Recruiting Forum: Tyler Lewis - 2012

I hope a Mod edits the title of this thread. Horrible choice of words…

And Persinger didn’t think we had him in our recruiting forum. We’ve been tracking him since he was in the 7th grade. :ohmy: :ohmy:

And Persinger didn't think we had him in our recruiting forum. We've been tracking him since he was in the 7th grade. :ohmy: :ohmy:

I love this place.

i saw him play on tuesday. here is my evaluation of his game.
positives: he can really shoot the ball. pretty good passer. excellent free throw shooter.
negatives: very small. obviously he is only a freshmen but he needs to add a few inches and he definitly needs to put on weight. any point guard with size will push him around. also, i would have liked to see him dribble penetrate more. he shoots too much from his waist, which may be due to his lack of strength. a good player will block his shot. i didnt really like his court demeanor. he seems to pout. doesnt show much leadership.
i think he could potentially be a very good player and i see why schools are already him.