UAB announces $7.5 million contract with Under Armor

clt isn’t a big under armour fan. Too millenial for clt.

clt likes Nike gear, but they don’t seem to have us as a priority so clt would welcome an open bid. It needs to be for all teams. We look Mickey Mouse when all of our gear isn’t consistent.

Unfortunately most students aren’t concerned about this until they are no longer students and are left with paying off their student loans.

I’m not even really sure that an AD change would come from students. There would have to be something huge like the football movement, or essentially everyone stops going to games entirely. Attendance is really poor and they don’t seem to care.

Can we advocate the Board of Trustees do something about all this incompetence?

I’m pretty sure we had an opportunity to be a “brand” school however several programs did not want to be X brand as they have had relationships/ like X brand.

For the sports that get free gear vs the ones that don’t I imagine the AD is still spending at least $250k a year on uniforms etc.

Teams get Nike and others at 40% off retail, bc the distributor takes a cut.

Then the team is paying for the apparel to get logo’d another $3-5 per piece.

If we worked with the manufacturer directly and didn’t get paid we could at least get 5-10% off cost.

One of the brands I work (I’m not a distributor I’m an independent rep) for is an athletic apparel company and I work deals all the time, I know exactly how this stuff works and could easily save them $10’s of thousands of dollars.

I’m happy to assist the AD whether it’s with X brand or with me.

Being exclusive has its perks but it can also be a headache which is why I think some coaches like doing their own thing.

Unfortunately most students aren’t concerned about this until they are no longer students and are left with paying off their student loans.

I’m not even really sure that an AD change would come from students. There would have to be something huge like the football movement, or essentially everyone stops going to games entirely. Attendance is really poor and they don’t seem to care.[/quote]
Poor attendance won’t do much. I mean I haven’t seen Halton Arena full since I started following Charlotte in 2013, the Miami game in 2014 was the loudest I ever heard it and still there were tons of Miami fans there.
Not sure what it will take to make a change since Judy has been here for 26 years as AD alone and who knows how many total.
The problem is most of the students already don’t care. Their efforts to get students to games has not gone well and will continue to as long as they keep the same mediocre system in place.
Sadly though none of this will change anytime soon. It does get very discouraging to be led by an AD with so little vision for the future of the program.

I’m not even really sure that an AD change would come from students. There would have to be something huge like the football movement, or essentially everyone stops going to games entirely. Attendance is really poor and they don’t seem to care.[/quote]
Poor attendance won’t do much. I mean I haven’t seen Halton Arena full since I started following Charlotte in 2013, the Miami game in 2014 was the loudest I ever heard it and still there were tons of Miami fans there.
Not sure what it will take to make a change since Judy has been here for 26 years as AD alone and who knows how many total.
The problem is most of the students already don’t care. Their efforts to get students to games has not gone well and will continue to as long as they keep the same mediocre system in place.
Sadly though none of this will change anytime soon. It does get very discouraging to be led by an AD with so little vision for the future of the program.[/quote]

Winning would solve everything.

You love to say this, and I finally have to call BS on it, first off the people we have in place won’t ever win consistently, second we saw in the late 90’s early 2000’s it did not solve everything, we still were second fiddle in our own town, didn’t build off it and are now pretty much a socon program.

Just stop.

“Changing leadership would solve everything”

[quote=“EE9er, post:27, topic:30557”]i

You love to say this, and I finally have to call BS on it, first off the people we have in place won’t ever win consistently, second we saw in the late 90’s early 2000’s it did not solve everything, we still were second fiddle in our own town, didn’t build off it and are now pretty much a socon program.

Just stop.

“Changing leadership would solve everything”[/quote]

Winning WILL solve EVERYTHING.

[quote=“49er1, post:28, topic:30557”][quote=“EE9er, post:27, topic:30557”]i

Just stop.

Winning WILL solve EVERYTHING.[/quote]

Changing the leadership will give us a better chance to win

[quote=“Universal, post:29, topic:30557”][quote=“49er1, post:28, topic:30557”][quote=“EE9er, post:27, topic:30557”]i

Just stop.

Changing the leadership will give us a better chance to win[/quote]

True 'dat.

[quote=“49er1, post:28, topic:30557”][quote=“EE9er, post:27, topic:30557”]i

Just stop.

Your proposed solution defines the problem:

Winning will solve everything, however winning is not a goal of the current leadership.

#26years