UAB football #24 in BCS poll

Ah…the powerful “academic smack”. Hey, gotta give you guys something to talk about since you have a hard time beating us on the court! Even so, Charlotte is behind UAB in academics. You guys are just too stupid to realize that.

You guys are one pathetic bunch.

6BC: We can’t beat you on the court so we will stereotype you and make lame attempts at talking trash about that!

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 04:20 PM [b] You guys are one pathetic bunch.

6BC: We can’t beat you on the court so we will stereotype you and make lame attempts at talking trash about that! [/b]

[b]Ah...the powerful "academic smack". Hey, gotta give you guys something to talk about since you have a hard time beating us on the court! Even so, Charlotte is behind UAB in academics. You guys are just too stupid to realize that.[/b]

Whatever. What genius decied to put a dental school at UAB? Like there’s a market for such a thing in Alabama. But it did give you somewhere to flunk out of. :lol:

Well, I believe that I’m intelligent enough not to go on a rival schools chatroom to talk about my has been team, why don’t you just stick to football now, wait a couple months and then we can quit talking about how UAB will be smacked down and start talking about how badly UAB got smacked down.

Well if you want to start talking academic smack, time to pull the facts. Considering that Charlotte is a first-tier masters university accoring to US News and world report. I’ve read UAB’s medical school is among the top 20 in grants but thats about all I’ve read. According to US News UAB is a third-tier school along with the likes of East Carolina, who is ranked higher. Anybody from this area knows ECU is a joke of a party school only bolstered by their medical school, seeing any simularities?

Here’s a start:

-The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s (UAB) Health Education/Health Promotion doctoral program is first in the nation for faculty mentoring of students and is ranked seventh overall, according to a study published in the American Journal of Health Education earlier this summer.

-BIRMINGHAM, AL — A record 14 programs from UAB are ranked in this year’s U.S. News and World Report’s annual “America’s Best Hospitals” issue, which was released today. Several programs jumped significantly in the ratings and several previously not ranked programs made the grade this year.

The magazine selects 50 programs in 17 medical specialties. UAB’s rheumatology program again was ranked No. 6 in the nation. Three previously unranked programs — urology, neurology and neurosurgery, and digestive disorders, were added to the list. They were ranked 32nd, 32nd and 50th, respectively.

Six UAB programs made significant jumps in the rankings, including: heart and heart surgery, which jumped from 25th to 13th; kidney disease, which jumped from 20th to 13; gynecology, which jumped from 33rd to 17th; cancer, which jumped from 28th to 19th; ear, nose and throat; which jumped from 38th to 29th; and orthopedics, which jumped from 42nd to 34th. Other program rankings included: geriatrics, ranked 29th; respiratory disorders, ranked 28th, hormonal disorders, ranked 41st, and rehabilitation, ranked 23rd.

“This is a landmark year for the hospital and we are so proud UAB is consistently included in this defining list of the nation’s top hospitals,” said Mary G. Nash, Ph.D., executive director of UAB Hospital. “In 1998, we had five programs recognized and today we have 14 of 17 medical specialties in the top 50. These rankings are one of many indicators that demonstrate our continual quest for excellence in all that we do.”

This year marks the 13th consecutive time the rheumatology program has ranked. Cardiology has been ranked for the past nine years and gynecology for six years. This is the 15th year that U.S. News has published its “Best Hospitals” issue.

Like I said, bolstered by a good medical school, I never questioned how good they were but also the state board of governors only hands out a few medical schools, the best institutions don’t necessarily get them, but there are very few bad med schools in the US. So I’ll give you that, your med school is very respected, and since charlotte is set to recieve one within the decade well see how that turns out. My topic of conversation is undergrad, which I thought would be most relevant unless we are all doctors, me personally, I wish.

Tulane??

:lmao: :lmao: :grin: :grin: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :smirk: :smirk: :lmao: :grin: :biglaugh: :smirk: :butt: :butt:

So much for that BCS ranking.

Too-Lame???

Well I guess Charlotte and UAB have the following in common:

Both will never play in a BCS bowl

Both can’t beat Tulane in football (although at least WE can in basketball)

Both school lose about $6.5 million dollars in athletics propping up a football program no one wants (my bad, that’s only UAB)

Conclusion:

Another mediocre season. Better keep giving out the FREE tickets with every Happy Meal.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 10:05 AM [b] BTW, congrats on your football success, heard you might be getting a school soon. [/b]
:lol:

[quote=“TheProvider, post:28, topic:4469”]Too-Lame???

Well I guess Charlotte and UAB have the following in common:

Both will never play in a BCS bowl

Both can’t beat Tulane in football (although at least WE can in basketball)

Both school lose about $6.5 million dollars in athletics propping up a football program no one wants (my bad, that’s only UAB)

Conclusion:

Another mediocre season. Better keep giving out the FREE tickets with every Happy Meal.[/quote]
:blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:
The internet is forever