UAB football #24 in BCS poll

UAB football is ranked #24 in the BCS poll that came out today.

We also received 41 votes in the AP Poll which puts us at #27 (if you were to assign a ranking # to teams out of the top 25)

We also received 19 votes in the ESPN/USAToday coaches’ poll

CBSSportsline has us ranked #24 in their Top 25 poll

Collegefootballnews.com has us ranked #28 in their poll

How is UNCC’s football team doing? Hey, I hear UNCP is getting a team. Hopefully you guys can root for them.

:sleepy: :sleepy:

I’ve got news for you chief. No one on this board gives a crap about your football team.

enjoy the football rankings while you have them. come hoops season, yall wont be sniffing a spot on any rankings.

[b]come hoops season, yall wont be sniffing a spot on any rankings[/b]

Can’t say whether or not that will be true BUT we will beat you for the FOURTH STRAIGHT TIME.

Ok, let’s see you take us down with your imposing inside game, oh wait, you have no inside game, ok well I’m sure that solid guard play will, oh wait, just ronell and donell and squeaky “I’m good for 4.5 ppg” johnson? Sorry the only reason you aren’t in the cusa basement this year is you embarassed kentucky last year, thanks again by the way. However the gap is just too great this year, sure UAB usually gives charlotte problems, much like st. louis, but we are not at all evenly matched this year. Looks like we may have the last CUSA laugh.

BTW, congrats on your football success, heard you might be getting a school soon.

UABhick, who on UAB is going to stop Withers this year?

Squeaky only scored 4.5 ppg because he never shot the ball. He was too busy leading the NATION in asst/to ratio and too busy getting over 2 steals per game.

Withers is a difficult matchup for anyone but we will let him do all the work and then let Plavich throw up ridiculous 3-pters while missing most of them.

How are you going to keep up with our guards? How are you going to stop The Taylor Twins, Demario Eddins, Frank Holmes, Squeaky, Richard Jones, etc?

There is no hope for you. I promise…we are going to beat you like you’ve never been beaten before (even worse than that 24 point beatdown you received in the 2003 CUSA tourney).

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 06:07 PM [b] How are you going to keep up with our guards? How are you going to stop The Taylor Twins, Demario Eddins, Frank Holmes, Squeaky, Richard Jones, etc?

[/b]

Who? :blink:

Sound like cartoon characters.

The Taylor Twins?
DeMARIO
Squeaky?
Dick Jones? :lol:

They didn’t have much of a problem beating you twice last year.

No Mo Finley this year Hickler.

Your one hit wonder team will be fall painfully back to earth this year and resume your place as one of CUSA’s all time bottom feeders.

Losing Mo Finley and our other seniors hurts but we still have a lot of talent on the team.

We played 8-10 guys a night so it’s not like we will be playing kids that haven’t seen any substantial minutes before this season.

Trust me…we will be much better than you think.

[b] Losing Mo Finley and our other seniors hurts but we still have a lot of talent on the team.[/b]

Compared to who? ECU???
Hickler, you’re like a bad stock market analyst.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:51 PM [b] Trust me...we will be much better than you think. [/b]
That wouldn't be hard. I think you'll suck.

One thing is for sure…we’ll beat you a$$ for the 4th straight time.

I wonder who will be the first 6BC player to get arrested this year?

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:24 PM [b] One thing is for sure...we'll beat you a$$ for the 4th straight time. [/b]
Don't bet the double wide on it Hickler.

First point, you may play 8-10 guys a night but they’re all 6-6 or under, you have no inside game, which makes you about as good as say, clemson in the ACC. Last year you had a senior leader in Kennedy and a miracle worker in Finly, both of whom were the most important reasons you won any games in the tournament, without them you can’t even stay in a game. The only way that you will beat us down is if iti defects to UAB and Curtis is drunk while playing.
Second point you do have a bunch of cartoonish players, granted we had cornbread maxwell and butter johnson but every player on your team has a nickname, wheres mushmouth at?

I wonder who the first UAB grad to get a job this year will be? oh well better luck next year.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:38 PM [b] I wonder who the first UAB grad to get a job this year will be? [/b]
people hire UAB grads? :huh: