UAB football

That is going to be a fantastic Stadium for UAB. Jealous.

I’m going to have to make the trip the next time we play there. That looks awesome and you can feel his excitement writing about the stadium.

That stadium is gonna be a game changer for them.

Look at their pricing:

Owl Jelly GIF

Andy Buckley Yes GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

2 Likes

Aerial shot…

Excited for UAB fans.

Can’t wait til we do something similar with the Rich.

1 Like

Sold out for the game Saturday.

Where were their symmetry police?

1 Like

They consulted with the JMU architect apparently

I like their scoreboard.

We should build a much taller field house tower addition behind the existing. Then, we could tear down the one story observation deck, and build a cantilever grandstand with maybe a luxury level observation mixed football use level. And of course, a bigger scoreboard screen; a big curved one from Bestbuy. This would be in addition to the other seating areas added.

What always gets me is how much better the student side looks with even those temp bleachers. The effect there is much greater than just adding a couple thousand seats. I can only imagine how good it would look once permanently expanded.

Also, anything that further encloses that sunken bowl is going to make that stadium louder than it already is. I know it’s miserable in the summer sun, but on a cool fall night that is going to be awesome.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, amazing how much even those temp seats add to the stadium’s atmosphere. I’ll definitely check out the UAB game for a bit this weekend to see how it looks filled up.

1 Like

I agree their scoreboard is awesome. I guess chiropractors in the area are booked up on Mondays for all the sore backs for those in attendance that don’t get seat backs. Poor backs.

I like seatbacks because when I went to games at Neyland, the guy behind you was often digging his knees into your back. Friendly little barrier they are.

Do you guys want them to enclose the bowl so much that they block the view of Duke Hall on that end of the stadium? I want them to. Hold up except for that end. I like that view.

I can tell you the enclosing the end zone is not likely to happen. A big part of orienting the stadium as we did was for that sight line.

2 Likes

So… About UAB football.

2 Likes