UABSports.com: UAB-Charlotte Game Notes [Note: .pdf file]

GO NINERS! BEAT THE DRAGONS!!!

Kill 'em!

I still have no idea how we managed this:

[b]The 49ers top Conference USA with a .272 three-point field goal defense.[/b]

BEAT THE BARNEYS!

[b]I still have no idea how we managed this:

The 49ers top Conference USA with a .272 three-point field goal defense [/b]

Me neither. We seem to give up way to many lay-ups for our FG% defense to be that low. I hope we drop down better against UAB than we did against ECU or we will get beaten soundly.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 02:22 PM [b] Me neither. We seem to give up way to many lay-ups for our FG% defense to be that low. I hope we drop down better against UAB than we did against ECU or we will get beaten soundly. [/b]
That is acutally our 3pt field goal defense %. In recent years we have been torched from 3. I'd like to think our perimeter defense has improved dramatically, but I think we have just been lucky so far.

Whoops!! Note to self: read whole post before posting.

Anyways, I think we have been gambling a lot to cover the perimeter. We have done a good job defending it I think, but we are not recovering fast enough to avoid giving up the easy layups. Some of that FG% defense is a result of our competition to date as well. :frowning: I guess itโ€™s better than the alternative.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 01:44 PM [b] I still have no idea how we managed this:
[b]The 49ers top Conference USA with a .272 three-point field goal defense.[/b]
[/b]
Well it's not for a lack of open looks.

Look at the quality of teams we have played. We havenโ€™t beaten anyone in the top 100 rpi. The only decent team we have played is Bama and they just had a bad shooting night until the last few minutes of regulation through the OTโ€™s.

In the past years we have played a tougher OOC schedule and if that had been the case this year, we would have been in trouble.