UAB transfers &/or rumors of transfers to Charlotte

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:19, topic:29211”]Notice the location of Coach Ratliff’s tweet yesterday…

https://twitter.com/CoachPRatliff/status/541775168021233665[/quote]

Very cool.

Coach Curry is in Kansas, likely hitting up the JuCos. Having a former first round draft pick as a recruiter is an awesome resource to have.

Raymond Reeves ‏@RaymondEReeves
UAB’s OC will take the same role at South Alabama per @FootballScoop . I expect a lot of offensive players will follow him.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:22, topic:29211”]Raymond Reeves ‏@RaymondEReeves
UAB’s OC will take the same role at South Alabama per @FootballScoop . I expect a lot of offensive players will follow him.[/quote]

So we should hire their D coordinator in some capacity?

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:23, topic:29211”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:22, topic:29211”]Raymond Reeves ‏@RaymondEReeves
UAB’s OC will take the same role at South Alabama per @FootballScoop . I expect a lot of offensive players will follow him.[/quote]

So we should hire their D coordinator in some capacity?[/quote]

FIRE BRUCE TALL /s

I would LOVE to have Clark as DC… but I think he would leave as soon as he had a HC offer, and they would come sooner rather than later. I also don’t think Tall is going anywhere this year. And if Clark is in the mix for AU, and we arnt an option, I’d love to see him get it, just for the chance to help kick UAT’s ass next year. That’d be a great story line.

Glad to see Ratliff is in Birmingham… I think he’s a great recruiter. Hope we get some defensive help out of his trip.

Rolan Milligan made a huge impact in one season at UAB.

In 12 games, the Florida native played all over the defensive secondary and was the team’s second-leading tackler behind linebacker Jake Ganus.

Milligan told AL.com via text message he’s set to visit Toledo this weekend and could take a trip to UNC-Charlotte, set to play its first season in Conference USA next season, Monday.

I hate it for UAB that we’re so eager to vulture their players. But at the same time, these kids need a chance to play elsewhere, and we definitely have PT for proven CUSA players.

I don’t hate it. Pick up as many as you can. I’d rather see them stay in C-USA than have to go down to FCS or D2.

[quote=“UABlazin, post:26, topic:29211”]http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/toledo_unc-charlotte_among_lea.html#incart_river

In 12 games, the Florida native played all over the defensive secondary and was the team’s second-leading tackler behind linebacker Jake Ganus.

Milligan told AL.com via text message he’s set to visit Toledo this weekend and could take a trip to UNC-Charlotte, set to play its first season in Conference USA next season, Monday.[/quote]

Thanks for the link looks like he would be a solid pickup but only has one year of eligibility left. We desperately need help on defense and he would certainly help if we could land him. How is Milligan’s speed as it seems like that is a glaring weakness in our secondary?

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:29, topic:29211”][quote=“UABlazin, post:26, topic:29211”]http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/toledo_unc-charlotte_among_lea.html#incart_river

Milligan told AL.com via text message he’s set to visit Toledo this weekend and could take a trip to UNC-Charlotte, set to play its first season in Conference USA next season, Monday.[/quote]

Thanks for the link looks like he would be a solid pickup but only has one year of eligibility left. We desperately need help on defense and he would certainly help if we could land him. How is Milligan’s speed as it seems like that is a glaring weakness in our secondary?[/quote]

A defensive back doesn’t become a team’s second-leading tackler by ballcarriers coming to him…

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:30, topic:29211”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:29, topic:29211”][quote=“UABlazin, post:26, topic:29211”]http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/toledo_unc-charlotte_among_lea.html#incart_river

Thanks for the link looks like he would be a solid pickup but only has one year of eligibility left. We desperately need help on defense and he would certainly help if we could land him. How is Milligan’s speed as it seems like that is a glaring weakness in our secondary?[/quote]

A defensive back doesn’t become a team’s second-leading tackler by ballcarriers coming to him…[/quote]

With our dline I’m sure he would be in the running for leading tackler along with Dozier again if we were to land him. I’m more curious to his speed covering wideouts as our current crop couldn’t jam or keep up with our opponents.

David confirms that coaches have been in Birmingham since the news broke, and that Milligan and at least two other players from UAB will be visiting next week.

Devon Brown, who started at cornerback the last three games this past season for Alabama-Birmingham, was among three players to commit to transfer to Old Dominion over the weekend.

ODU is also recruiting UAB linebacker Jake Ganus, the team’s leading tackler, but with offers from at least one SEC school, Ganus appears headed elsewhere.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/12/uab-cornerback-2-fork-union-players-commit-odu

RT @davidscott14: .@Charlotte49ers getting visits this week from 2 former UAB players: S Rolan Milligan (2nd leading tackler), DL Jontavious Morris (2.0 TFLs)

It would be nice to get Morris for a year on the D-line. Here’s our competition:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/uab_dt_jontavious_morris_mulli_1.html

Morris told AL.com via text message he’s received scholarship offers from Georgia State, UNC-Charlotte, which will play its first season in Conference USA in 2015, and traditional league foes Western Kentucky and Middle Tennesee State since university president Ray Watts announced the program would be shut down last week.

I don’t know why anyone with 1 year left would want to come here since we can’t play in a bowl game. I know Ga State isn’t likely to be a bowl team next year, but they have a better chance than our 0% chance.

The link I posted earlier speculated that Morris may follow OG and former HS teammate Roscoe Byrd, though the speculation was that would be to WKU where former UAB HC Neil Callaway has found a job as OL coach.

However, he wouldnt even be Morris’ coach since he is OL only. Also, FWIW, it seems Byrd came in as a DT and converted to OG where he has started consistently for the last two years.

Would be good to get the two of them as a package and grab Milligan to replace Dez Cooper.

If you are entering your senior year the school on your diploma and job prospects probably mean a lot more to you than when you were a high school senior. As far as I know GA State and MT, and WKU are all fine schools, but some kids have figured out they are not going to the NFL and Charlotte will look a lot better than a more established program in BF Egypt.

If you are entering your senior year the school on your diploma and job prospects probably mean a lot more to you than when you were a high school senior. As far as I know GA State and MT, and WKU are all fine schools, but some kids have figured out they are not going to the NFL and Charlotte will look a lot better than a more established program in BF Egypt.[/quote]

GA State is in ATL, MTSU isn’t far from Nashville and WKU is in Bowling Green a decent sized city right between Nashville and Louisville. None of them are exactly in BFE. We are still better than all of them though :slight_smile:

Ga State has a 0% chance too.