UAB transfers &/or rumors of transfers to Charlotte

Let the mill begin…

LOL! Let them play their bowl game first!

[quote=“JWNiner, post:2, topic:29211”]LOL! Let them play their bowl game first![/quote]I doubt they get a bowl game. CUSA has more bowl eligible teams than it has bowls.

Bowl chances not looking good.

As much as I would like to see us pick up some of UAB’s players, I don’t know how good our chances are. The vast majority of those kids are from Alabama, so we might have to see who is left after the in-state schools have picked them over first. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of them drop down to a lower division if it means playing closer to home.

As much as I would like to see us pick up some of UAB’s players, I don’t know how good our chances are. The vast majority of those kids are from Alabama, so we might have to see who is left after the in-state schools have picked them over first. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of them drop down to a lower division if it means playing closer to home.[/quote]

But…if some of these guys want to play together, we should have more opportunities for that here. I would have to assume, most of their players would be able to come in and contribute/start immediately. You would think we would have more “openings” for that level of talent than any other D1 school they would consider transferring to.

Plus…Charlotte is not that far away either.

As much as I would like to see us pick up some of UAB’s players, I don’t know how good our chances are. The vast majority of those kids are from Alabama, so we might have to see who is left after the in-state schools have picked them over first. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of them drop down to a lower division if it means playing closer to home.[/quote]

I’ll have to read your article, but it looked like CUSA had 6 definite bowl contracts and either CUSA or American gets what would be a 7th bowl game if the ACC or SEC doesn’t fill in. I’ve gotta read more, but yeah… I guess it isn’t good for UAB.

I don’t see what the harm would have been to let them play one more year with the coach under contract and the fan base fired up. They should have put them on probation or something.

I’ll have to read your article, but it looked like CUSA had 6 definite bowl contracts and either CUSA or American gets what would be a 7th bowl game if the ACC or SEC doesn’t fill in. I’ve gotta read more, but yeah… I guess it isn’t good for UAB.

I don’t see what the harm would have been to let them play one more year with the coach under contract and the fan base fired up. They should have put them on probation or something.[/quote]5 definite. Two possible backups.

[font=Georgia][size=16px]Clark said the players have been given blanket releases to talk to any other school, including those in the Football Bowl Subdivision, about transferring and being eligible to play immediately. Coaches from other schools already have arrived in Birmingham to begin recruiting those players.[/size][/font]

I don’t see what the harm would have been to let them play one more year with the coach under contract and the fan base fired up. They should have put them on probation or something.[/quote]5 definite. Two possible backups.[/quote]

Don’t mean to challenge you, but I’m showing 6 and a possible here. Which is the other one that isn’t guaranteed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_bids_to_college_bowl_games

5 guaranteed seemed to be what everyone on the cusa board was saying

I hope Lambert and/or Ratliff are there.

[quote=“ninerID, post:8, topic:29211”]http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/in_wide-ranging_interview_uab.html

[font=Georgia][size=16px]Clark said the players have been given blanket releases to talk to any other school, including those in the Football Bowl Subdivision, about transferring and being eligible to play immediately. Coaches from other schools already have arrived in Birmingham to begin recruiting those players.[/size][/font][/quote] Also says Clark would consider DC at FBS program
"One possibility: If he doesn’t get the right head coaching offer at the FBS level, Clark said, he would consider a defensive coordinator position."

Claims he’s #2 for Auburn…

anybody know any good realtors we could hook him up with? ;D

[quote=“NinerFutbol, post:12, topic:29211”][quote=“ninerID, post:8, topic:29211”]http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/in_wide-ranging_interview_uab.html

[font=georgia][size=16px]Clark said the players have been given blanket releases to talk to any other school, including those in the Football Bowl Subdivision, about transferring and being eligible to play immediately. Coaches from other schools already have arrived in Birmingham to begin recruiting those players.[/size][/font][/quote] Also says Clark would consider DC at FBS program
"One possibility: If he doesn’t get the right head coaching offer at the FBS level, Clark said, he would consider a defensive coordinator position."

Claims he’s #2 for Auburn…[/quote]

We can dream. He’s improve the D overnight.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11977416/uab-blazers-chance-large-bowl-bid-basically-nonexistent

I agree MikeNiner. I put the over/under on UAB transfers at 2. Football players rarely venture further than 1 state away from home. I could be wrong but I don’t think we have any 'bama players on the current roster.

If Clark is in the mix at Auburn, 0.00% chance we’d be in play.

All of their players are not from Alabama…they have a linebacker on the roster from Sumter, SC with at least one year of eligibility remaining…

Copied from the other thread… these are the guys I would target.

Sorry to UAB fans if it hurts, but our staff needs to call these guys ASAP:

6’2 270 JUCO DE that is about to win his 2nd NC. Yes pls.

Call their other recruits too.

http://uab.247sports.com/ (Includes four 3 stars)

Then call their current players as well. These seem promising:

LT Victor Salako (R-So.) — Like Byrd, Salako is a veteran on the offensive line. The Huntsville native has started 23 games at left tackle and been a staple at the position. He was lightly recruited out of high school but that shouldn’t be the case this time around. What makes sense: There is no real immediate connection to a school for Salako, but he would be an upgrade over a junior college lineman with two years of eligibility remaining.

(6’2 295) DT Jontavious Morris (Jr.) — The plug in the middle for the Blazers, Morris has started 14 games the past two seasons at tackle. What makes sense: He went to the same high school as Roscoe Byrd (the lineman) in Georgia, and the duo followed each other to UAB. This has the makings of a package deal.

LB Jake Ganus (Jr.) — Former high school quarterback that started 32 games as a weak side linebacker. Ganus has been the team’s leading tackler the past two seasons and had six sacks this year. What makes sense: It’s hard to project. He was offered by the service academies coming out of school and his primary recruiter — Tyson Helton — is now at Cincinnati.

Notice the location of Coach Ratliff’s tweet yesterday…

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:19, topic:29211”]Notice the location of Coach Ratliff’s tweet yesterday…

https://twitter.com/CoachPRatliff/status/541775168021233665[/quote]Nice, hope we can get some defensive help.