UGA-A....err...Georgia State wins

I would live on Paces Ferry road anyday.

Makes Queens Rd in Charlotte look like ghetto

they would if they reported football attendance the same way they do in durham and chapel hill.

If GA State had had to build a 30,000 stadium they would still be talking about starting a team - not actually playing.

FWIW, Levick is a Mizzou grad and also has a masterā€™s in athletic administration from Indiana. Spent time as an assistant commissioner in the PAC-10, then 12 years at Stanford as senior associate AD. Then became AD at Santa Clara prior to landing the job at AD at Saint Louis, during which time Chaifetz Arena was started and Rick Majerus was hired. Then went to Maryland before landing the top job at Georgia State. So with the exception of Santa Clara and Saint Louis, every stop has included football.

cltā€™s points:

1. glad we are building an on campus stadium
  2. the observer will give us 2 pics in the gold mine
  3. we will pass g state in year two
  4. we are not a commuter school. if we are so is nc state.

Nice resumeā€™
I would take that in a heartbeat

As I have said many timesā€¦our athletic dept has great ā€œpeopleā€ but nobody with BCS attitude/experience

Congrats to Ga State !, another school beats us to it. It is just amazing to me, Ga state playing football, puts 30k plus in their first game, better than the braves. We are in ConfUSA, in late 90ā€™s and get ESPN thursday night game every week for our conference, and we still couldnā€™t start a team. Really amazing.

By the way, why are all you guys down on Atlanta, I have lived here for almost 20 yrs now, it has been great to me.

Beat us to it but Weā€™ll pass them up 5 yrs after we get started. Their 30k will become 3k in the dome as the season progresses. We got football on campus in brand new stadium in ideal location.

I have been to their campus, it would be equal to us having a campus at Epicenter. No place for a stadium.

I applaud their effort.

We just need more marketable people selling it, such as this AD.

I moved to Atlanta after graduating from Charlotte in 1999. I got my MBA from Georgia State. My better-half and I were at the first GSU game. While it was a beautiful thing to witness, I kept thinking about how magical 2013 will be for the Niner Nation.

And of course, I will be wearing Charlotte colors when they eventually play against GSU.

GSU got 12,647 fans this past weekend as they lost to Lambuth.

Will host Jacksonville State (who beat Ole Miss) this week.

Lambuth gets ā€œhistoricā€ win: link

Yeah, letā€™s not schedule Lambuth!

Come on lefty, we missed this football thing so so bad (huge impact on our bball program), when we were in CUSA in the early 90ā€™s. GA state has football as does the Sun Belt conference, all will be playing this saturday ! We really missed it, big pink elephant in the room. Hopefully we will recover.