ULL game notes, etc.

Charlotte49ers.com: GAME NOTES: Charlotte Hosts UL Lafayette

RaginCajuns.com: Game Notes at Charlotte (Feb. 13, 2007)

The Ragin' Cajuns have visited Halton Arena twice, beating the 49ers in the first trip, 68-47, in the 2002 Pepsi Classic.
:wow: 21 points!? I don't remember this game. I guess I shut it out of my memory

I don’t know why, but “Ragin’ Cajuns” makes me think of “crazy southerners” – when you think “crazy southerner” I think of rednecks and confederate rebels – and their coach’s name is Robert Lee. This has got to be a source for chants tonight… :lol:

Alexander has scored 955 career points... Alexander would be the fifth 49er to reach 1000 in just two years, joining Henry Williams, Lew Massey, Robert Earl Blue and George Jackson.
:thumbsup:

[URL=http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/SPORTS/702130338/1006][B]UL’s hopes keep rolling[/B][/URL], Lafayette Daily Advertiser

I remember our 21 point loss to them a few years ago very well. We had lost a tough game to Colorado in the final seconds the day before. We were tired and demoralized and the Cajuns took it to us.

I believe that was our season where we went something like 13-16.

[QUOTE=HP49er;217820][URL=http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/SPORTS/702130338/1006][B]UL’s hopes keep rolling[/B][/URL], Lafayette Daily Advertiser[/QUOTE]

HP, thanks! Got “distracted” before I could post that.

Charlotte.com: [b]49ers will look for victories, not excuses

Gameday: Carolinas teams in action[/b]

[QUOTE]Alexander has scored 955 career points… Alexander would be the fifth 49er to reach 1000 in just two years, joining Henry Williams, Lew Massey, Robert Earl Blue and George Jackson.[/QUOTE]
Note that the latter three did their scoring before the 3-pointer came into effect.

so are we expecting a 45 point night from DA tonight? :slight_smile:

Check out that roster of our team that lost by 21 to ULL at home, you will be very suprised how many good players we had on that team.