UNC Charlotte student found dead on the Catawba River

Very very sad. This has happened way too much over the past year or so to current and former niners. Erik Walker, the girl with the high rises last year, and now Ira.

One of her friends put together a tribute on YouTube…

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-47Prg_neI[/URL]

how did she die?

She’s a beautiful young lady and look liked her life touched so many people. Rest in peace.

how did she die?

Not sure yet. There’s a press conferenece today at 3:30.

Very sad…

" [FONT=Olympian][SIZE=2]An autopsy of Irina “Ira” Yarmonleko revealed that she died of asphyxiation. Detectives are now investigating her death as a murder, according to Mount Police Chief David Belk."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;318727]Very sad…

" [FONT=Olympian][SIZE=2]An autopsy of Irina “Ira” Yarmonleko revealed that she died of asphyxiation. Detectives are now investigating her death as a murder, according to Mount Police Chief David Belk."[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that. Very sad news.

It sucks she’s dead.
And the reason I don’t like death stories is because it reminds me of family members who died.

this is terrible. my prayers go out to her family and friends. this is someone’s daughter and sister. i hope whoever did this is caught quickly.

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;318694]One of her friends put together a tribute on YouTube…

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-47Prg_neI[/URL][/QUOTE]

That is heartbreaking…

That is heartbreaking.....

Truely it is. I dont even know what to say.

I feel so bad for this family. Seemed like a nice person from everything I have read. Prayers go out to her family and friends

Very sad...

" [FONT=Olympian][SIZE=2]An autopsy of Irina “Ira” Yarmonleko revealed that she died of asphyxiation. Detectives are now investigating her death as a murder, according to Mount Police Chief David Belk."[/SIZE][/FONT]

$50 its some waste of breath, that when they do arrest him it will be at least his 10th arrest, yet he is on the streets under the Char-Meck “Hug-a-Thug” program.

Wow. This is terrible. To lose someone sucks but murder is just so horrible. I hope everyone does ok going through this tough time.

It’s instances like these that make you lose heart, there is no reason she should be gone from us.

I only got to meet her once at Jackson’s Java, but I remember talking to Tim about her the next day. Why would anyone ever do this?

Today’s story…

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/616379.html

I feel so bad for this family. Seemed like a nice person from everything I have read. Prayers go out to her family and friends

$50 its some waste of breath, that when they do arrest him it will be at least his 10th arrest, yet he is on the streets under the Char-Meck “Hug-a-Thug” program.

IDK, asphyxiation sounds more personal than that. Whoever did this I hope is caught soon.

IDK, asphyxiation sounds more personal than that. Whoever did this I hope is caught soon.

It was either strangulation or suffocation, but they wouldn’t say which one. Either way, it’s a lack of oxygen. They say they’ve got some “strong leads” to go on and some evidence found in the car. If all that is true, we should see something shortly.

More than likely, police said, her car was pushed down that embankment to make it look like an accident. She had no reason to be in that area to begin with, which leads towards the belief she was taken against her will at some prior point. The only way to access where she was found is by a small dirt road that rescuers didn’t even know about initially. So it was someone that knew that specific area well.

Definitely keep praying for the family and friends.

Any Updates?

Any Updates?

Police have given us nothing new yet.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/yarmolenko_20391___article.html/people_sister.html

tonight on Foxnews, Greta Van Sustren was down on the Catawba River with the police chief of Mt Holly where they found her, then they went to her car in custody

sounds like they have 0 leads

tonight on Foxnews, Greta Van Sustren was down on the Catawba River with the police chief of Mt Holly where they found her, then they went to her car in custody

sounds like they have 0 leads

Sounds like the kind of thing John Walsh would come to town for. This is just frustrating, I’m sure the police are doing everything they can, but it doesn’t sound like they have anything. It took them two days to decide it was murder.