UNC Charlotte Wikipedia article

This is funny… under the section regarding the name of the school:

[QUOTE]The official name of the university is “The University of North Carolina at Charlotte.” “Charlotte” and “UNC Charlotte” (no hyphen) are both acceptable nicknames for the university, but the athletic department has used Charlotte exclusively for its sports teams since 2000. Issues of school identity persist and have led many people, including Charlotte mayor Pat McCrory, to call for a name change to “The University of Charlotte.” Despite these confusions there is a strong group of people against the name change, [B]including current chancellor Chapel Hill Phil[/B]. The group cites arguments such as a fear of alienating of alumni, and the fact that the University of North Carolina system’s name is so prestigious. The Student Government Association is currently deliberating this issue, and will be bringing it to the floor on January 31st, 2008.[/QUOTE]

That is one of the funniest statements I’ve read in years. LMAO

Okay, logical next question: What NNN member did it?

:lmao: Nice find TF.

Lol, it’s all over there, just go to the page and do a CTRL + F for “Chapel Hill”… lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNC_Charlotte

[QUOTE]
Administration Timeline
Chancellors of UNC Charlotte Years as Chancellor
1 Bonnie Cone (founder; director, 1946–1949; president, 1949–1965; acting chancellor, 1965–1966)
2 Dean Colvard (1966–1978)
3 E. K. Fretwell (1979–1989)
4 James Woodward (1989–2005)
5 Chapel Hill Phil (2005–current)

Chapel Hill Phil Dubois (CHP) is the fourth and current chancellor, assuming his current duties on July 15, 2005. He returns to Charlotte after serving as the president of the University of Wyoming from 1997 through 2005 . Previously, CHP served as the Provost and professor of political science at UNC Charlotte from 1991 until 1997.

CHP is the first chancellor, along with his wife and children, to occupy the brand new Chancellor’s House (known as the Bissel House) on the UNC Charlotte campus that was completed in the winter of 2005. CHP is expected to oversee the process of the University becoming the fourth research-extensive university in the State.

Established 1946
Type: Public
Endowment: $105.3 million [1]
Chancellor: Philip (Chapel Hill Phil) L. Dubois
Provost: Joan Lorden
Faculty: 924
Students: 22,254 (2007-08)
Undergraduates: 16,584 (2006-07)
Postgraduates: 4,400 (2006-07)
Doctoral students: 535 (2006-07)

The CHP, chancellor
[/QUOTE]

LMAO, LMAO, :lmao:, ROFL, :lmao:

Wow, just wow, that is hillarious, I wonder if he knows it’s there.

classic.

Okay, logical next question: What NNN member did it?
:mask: I'll never say.

[LEFT]ShaGGy bets it’s CLT’s doings…
[/LEFT]

:mask: I'll never say.

Kudos to you sir…

an entire box of them!

That is amazingly funny. I especially love the part where under his picture it says “The CHP.”

Took you guys a while…heh heh heh…

Absolutely Hilarious.

This is awesome! Props to whoever did this, and to whoever for found it! :tongue:

NLP…

ROFL. that jesus pic is hilarious. The CHP caption is $$$$.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;296798][LEFT]ShaGGy bets it’s CLT’s doings…
[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

clt doesnt know the interwebs that well, but daps whoever did.

it needs to be sent around

Chapel Hill Phil must be his legal name if Wikipedia said it. LOL.

Chapel Hill Phil must be his legal name if Wikipedia said it. LOL.

While I certainly do find this funny; I am not really in favor of it being up there. I don’t think it is ethical to put something like that in a place that a lot of people consider to have reliable information. Plus, I know that a lot of people use Wiki for info and if a prospective student sees this, they might think our school is a joke. So, I think it is funny, but I hope it doesn’t stay up there too long.

While I certainly do find this funny; I am not really in favor of it being up there. I don't think it is ethical to put something like that in a place that a lot of people consider to have reliable information. Plus, I know that a lot of people use Wiki for info and if a prospective student sees this, they might think our school is a joke. So, I think it is funny, but I hope it doesn't stay up there too long.

if someone is using wikipedia to find a college to go to, or to find information on a school…then i do not want that person coming here

wikipedia, nancy grace, stonecoldken, and jerry springer represent whats wrong with this country.