UNC System making progress but there’s more work to do

https://twitter.com/unccharlotte/status/975729518609608704

UNC Charlotte is doing fantastic work to help meet the UNC Board of Governors’ Strategic Plan goals of boosting on-time graduation, enrolling more low-income students, and welcoming more community college transfers. Almost half the students at UNC Charlotte started out somewhere else, making the University a magnet for talented students looking to earn a competitive and affordable degree.

I was talking about this phenomenon with someone at work the other day. A large part of the UNCC student body seems to be made up of people who are finally ready to get serious after some wobbles elsewhere, as well as people who are just serious about getting their degree from the jump and not that into the “traditional” college experience. I think that’s fine. The school is big enough to deliver the traditional college experience to those that want it and the pure educational experience of “just wanting to get my degree” to those that have that attitude.

I can attest to this. I am a traditional college student, but Charlotte has given me the traditional experience and I love it.
I also almost always have classes with adult learners or people who took a year or two off to figure stuff out and came back and it serves them perfectly as well. Really like that we cater to both and not just one set type of student.