UNCC Class Ring Warning

Just a warning to future class ring purchasers:

I graduated UNCC in 1997 but just recently decided to order my class ring. I wanted a more modern looking class ring, so I went to Artcarved.com and decide to order this one called the Monarch:

I liked how it was a little smaller and how it had the name of the college embossed in the top. So I ordered one with the year, degree and with an emerald green stone with UNCC encrusted in the top.

I was pretty excited when it arrived, but I opened up the box, only to find the words UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA embossed in the top. No CHARLOTTE. I thought they had pulled a Chapel Hill ring from stock and put my stone options in it. So I called Artcarved, only to have them tell me that they had sent me the correct ring. It’s just that particular model doesn’t have room on the top for the word CHARLOTTE, so they leave it off.

If I had known that, I would never have ordered it!

I guess since we a part of the 16 campus system, having UNC on my ring sort of works. It’s a good thing I had UNCC encrusted in the top, or I would have a green-stoned Chapel Hill class ring.

I’m just glad I didn’t order the expensive gold one….

I tried to get a pic of mine, but they turned out fuzzy. so here is a scan…

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][URL=http://www.picshome.com/][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

:scared: :ticked: :cuss: :hammer: :eek: :wow: :huh: :confused:
WHAT!!! …off to find more emoticons to show my surprise, confusion and disgust!!! Please forward to the Chancellor and bookstore.

:scared: :ticked: :cuss: :hammer: :eek: :wow: :huh: :confused: WHAT!?!?! ...off to find more emoticons to show my surprise, confusion and disgust!!! Please forward to the Chancellor and bookstore.

How about this one…
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

Ok, not really but just as offensive.

How much does the class ring cost?

I got concerned and found my 1976 class ring. It does say Charlotte on it.

[QUOTE=CharlottesWeb;204473][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Just a warning to future class ring purchasers:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I graduated UNCC in 1997 but just recently decided to order my class ring. I wanted a more modern looking class ring, so I went to Artcarved.com and decide to order this one:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[URL=http://ww2.balfour.com/college/catalog/mens/monarch.aspx][U][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#800080]http://ww2.balfour.com/college/catalog/mens/monarch.aspx[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/URL]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I liked how it was a little smaller and how it had the name of the college embossed in the top. So I ordered one with the year, degree and with an emerald green stone with UNCC encrusted in the top.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I was pretty excited when it arrived, but I opened up the box, only to find the words UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA embossed in the top. No CHARLOTTE. I thought they had pulled a Chapel Hill ring from stock and put my stone options in it. So I called Artcarved, only to have them tell me that they had sent me the correct ring. It’s just that particular model doesn’t have room on the top for the word CHARLOTTE, so they leave it off.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]If I had known that, I would never have ordered it![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I guess since we a part of the 16 campus system, having UNC on my ring sort of works. It’s a good thing I had UNCC encrusted in the top, or I would have a green-stoned Chapel Hill class ring.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I’m just glad I didn’t order the expensive gold one….[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I tried to get a pic of mine, but they turned out fuzzy. so here is a scan…[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][URL=http://www.picshome.com/][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to hear what you’ve experienced. I think with the contemporary look. A certain font style and size was set for the mold. My old fashioned oval shaped ring also from Art Carved has " University of North Carolina-Charlotte’ on it along with the “old school” logo above "Norm’ on one side of it. If you don’t mind the old look I’m sure they will work with you.

:scared: :ticked: :cuss: :hammer: :eek: :wow: :huh: :confused: WHAT!?!?! ...off to find more emoticons to show my surprise, confusion and disgust!!! Please forward to the Chancellor and bookstore.

I forwarded this information to the Chancellor and he immediately placed an order for 10 rings.

[QUOTE=survivor45;204495]I forwarded this information to the Chancellor and he immediately placed an order for 10 rings.[/QUOTE]
:lmao:

[QUOTE=Niner89;204490]I’m sorry to hear what you’ve experienced. I think with the contemporary look. A certain font style and size was set for the mold. My old fashioned oval shaped ring also from Art Carved has " University of North Carolina-Charlotte’ on it along with the “old school” logo above "Norm’ on one side of it. If you don’t mind the old look I’m sure they will work with you.[/QUOTE]
If they did indeed hyphenate it on your ring, that’s just as bad. Apparently there is absolutely NO oversight by the school on this at all. Geez! :cuss:

[QUOTE=Colorado49er;204486]I got concerned and found my 1976 class ring. It does say Charlotte on it.[/QUOTE]

My 73 version has Charlotte on it.

[QUOTE=run49er;204497]If they did indeed hyphenate it on your ring, that’s just as bad. Apparently there is absolutely NO oversight by the school on this at all. Geez! :cuss:[/QUOTE]
Actually, “Charlotte” was embraced by one oval dot on each side. I would be upset if there was a hyphen. :shades:

[QUOTE=survivor45;204495]I forwarded this information to the Chancellor and he immediately placed an order for 10 rings.[/QUOTE]

Bravo!

Post of the week! :clap:

Class rings are expensive items these days. Mine was back enough back in the 80’s, but at least it is gold.

Call Action 9 to get your $ back.

I don’t post often, but that is the funniest thing I’ve heard all week.