UNCC Graduation color

Why are we in Black instead of our 49er green? My cousins and friends graduated from State and Carolina and their caps and gown were in their school colors.

Not to mention their parents wore their school colors to their respective grad ceremonies.

[quote=“Savio, post:1, topic:23291”]Why are we in Black instead of our 49er green? My cousins and friends graduated from State and Carolina and their caps and gown were in their school colors.

Not to mention their parents wore their school colors to their respective grad ceremonies.[/quote]

What’s this UNCC you speak of?

I agree, tho I think it hearkens back to our humble (and recent) beginnings. A tradition thing. But I do think it would be better if the gowns were green.

Of course, then we’d have to worry about it being the right shade of green.
[Insert picture of 49ers’ kelly green uniforms here (seriously someone please link that lol)]

Well Black is 1 of the colors of the U. of Charlotte.
I’m not familiar with this UNCC place.

Black is the color for undergraduates and Masters. I haven’t seen State Bachelor’s get Red caps and gowns. Now for a PhD or professional degree is a different matter.

My law school’s color was blue, so my JD robe is light blue, like some other school in NC. Let me go hurl now…