UNCC students moving in...

there’s something wrong with this picture though… :mallet:

[URL=http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/18/11/501-backtoschool01.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG]http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/18/11/501-backtoschool01.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG[/URL]

I see nothing wrong with that picture … Kid looks like a f-ing tool and has a Dook shirt on. Sounds right to me.

Signed,
a Chapel Hill grad

i seriously doubt that was the person moving in…he’s like 8.

Who the hell IS moving in in that photo? How is that woman on the right even holding that child while also pulling the suitcase? Is that kid velcro’ed to her shirt?

FYI here is the caption:
[SIZE=2]Deanna Thompson, her son Curtis McCraw, daughter Camille McCraw and Curtis’ and Camille’s cousin Re’lla Grissett help Camille move into Cypress Hall. Camille, from Fayetteville, is a freshman. (YALONDA M. JAMES – yjames@charlotteobserver.com) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I’m not going to post the photo of the poor frosh they caught crying while saying goodbye to his aunt … poor bastard. Get him a Niner shirt ASAP.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;253975]Who the hell IS moving in in that photo? How is that woman on the right even holding that child while also pulling the suitcase? Is that kid velcro’ed to her shirt?

FYI here is the caption:
[SIZE=2]Deanna Thompson, her son Curtis McCraw, daughter Camille McCraw and Curtis’ and Camille’s cousin Re’lla Grissett help Camille move into Cypress Hall. Camille, from Fayetteville, is a freshman. (YALONDA M. JAMES – yjames@charlotteobserver.com) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I’m not going to post the photo of the poor frosh they caught crying while saying goodbye to his aunt … poor bastard. Get him a Niner shirt ASAP.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

What about the girl in the pink CAROLINA shirt? We can’t let that one go!:hammer:

What about the girl in the pink CAROLINA shirt? We can't let that one go!:hammer:

that picture isn’t on our campus. The picture of the duke tshirt isn’t the kid moving in. Please take your blood pressures back down.

The only thing to be upset about is what brick said, the safety of the kid that is being held by some anti gravitational force, and why the observer took a pic of a kid getting emotional

[QUOTE=ninerID;253979]that picture isn’t on our campus. The picture of the duke tshirt isn’t the kid moving in. Please take your blood pressures back down.

The only thing to be upset about is what brick said, the safety of the kid that is being held by some anti gravitational force, and why the observer took a pic of a kid getting emotional[/QUOTE]

Should have known better by looking at the buildings. Still, there’s never an excuse to wear that crap, even in Chapel Hell!:tongue:

[QUOTE=ninerID;253979]that picture isn’t on our campus.[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. Am I missing something here?

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/242642.html

800 new students than fall '06, 22,254 total.

I was on campus yesterday. I saw dozens of people wearing Niner Nation shirts. The proportion of those greatly outnumbered the other two that happened to make charlotte.com. Some selective photography going on.

Yes it is. Am I missing something here?

the picture of the girl in the carolina shirt wasn’t on our campus, much like the picture of the other girl in the pink shirt was taken at Winthrop. The duke shirt was taken on campus, but it wasn’t of a student going here.

[QUOTE=ninerID;253987]the picture of the girl in the carolina shirt wasn’t on our campus, much like the picture of the other girl in the pink shirt was taken at Winthrop. The duke shirt was taken on campus, but it wasn’t of a student going here.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok, my bad. Didn’t understand which picture you were talking about.

22,250 students… holy toledo. I think we were at 18 and change when I entered in 2001.

I saw so many of these t-shirts yesterday around Target, I thought they were store workers.

[QUOTE][B]Moving day, HPU comes alive as freshmen arrive for school
[I]By David Nivens, Enterprise Staff Writer[/I][/B]

HIGH POINT – Construction workers paused just long enough this weekend for High Point University to welcome 736 freshmen.

Most of the action Saturday was at Blessing Hall with the freshmen. Lauren Stockell, a returning soccer player who wants to become a physical therapist, helped the new students move into the dorm.

“This is my third load,” she said. “The rest of the day, I will be off.”

With the freshman class doubling in size in two years, HPU officials scheduled arrivals over two days.

“This is still a great small community,” Stockell said.

Parents and students hustled down sidewalks with their dormitory goods. The movement was orchestrated by guides and parking attendants. HPU staff offered baggage carts.

“We did not want them to spend more than two to three minutes in line anywhere, so we split the group this year,” said HPU President Nido Qubein.

Faculty and administrators also guided new students to their rooms and helped carry those precious comfort items.

“We enjoy this,” Dennis G. Carroll, vice president for academic affairs, said while waiting to board a Blessing Hall elevator. “It’s all very well organized, and the students get a lunch with their parents.”[/QUOTE]

Damn, why not take a picture of a student with a Charlotte shirt. Now people are gonna confuse us as Duke’s satelite campus, and not UNC-CH’s

actually ive been quite surprised at the lack of chapel hill apparel with the incoming freshman. i guess i’ll see during when class starts if that changes, but i was VERY surprised with the turnout at 49er New Year, and there were few people wearing carolina stuff. and i KNOW they had to feel out of place.

So has anyone stuffed that kid in a trash can yet or am I gonna have to do it?

[QUOTE=Savio;253971]there’s something wrong with this picture though… :mallet:

[URL=http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/18/11/501-backtoschool01.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG]http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/18/11/501-backtoschool01.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG[/URL][/QUOTE]

That photo scares me…

[QUOTE=HP49er;254012]I saw so many of these t-shirts yesterday around Target, I thought they were store workers.

[/QUOTE]

Even other schools in the A10 get it.

http://goxavier.cstv.com/genrel/081707aaa.html

Of course, upon closer examination, I think I see part of the problem at Charlotte. Other schools bring multiple organizations TOGETHER to represent ONE.

[QUOTE]`The X Shirt’ 2007-08 is the second in a line of collectible t-shirts that are designed by a team of campus representatives, including members of X-treme Fans, Student Alumni Association, Student Government Association and Student Activities Council. Proceeds from the sales for this year’s shirt will benefit the Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless.[/QUOTE]

Saw that picture yesterday Sav and thought the same thing. Yes, I realize he isn’t the one moving in. It was his sister that was moving in, but still… Certainly they had more than one picture for publication.