UNCC Talks - Football is the subject

Hey CFI and all you football supporters:

I just learned that UNCC Talks will be discussing the importance of football to UNC Charlotte NEXT WEEK. You may submit comments to Seth Brazell, the host, or any of the other panel members by sending an email (soon enough to be taken into consideration for next weekā€™s show) to noeditor@email.uncc.edu or uncctalks@gmail.com.

Give a few pro-football comments, ask why there is no year-long study or a student vote on a $30 million rec center, or whatever!
Good chance for some good media coverage!
So, please voice your support for football by sending emails!!!

Yeah, I saw that in the article about this weekā€™s topic being a radio station. The radio station thing recycles every 4 years or so. Students lobbied for a radio station when I was attending, got one and it disappeared againā€¦ Anyways, that topic is for another thread. I am impressed with the attention football is recieving compared to where we stood just a year ago. Again, great job CFIs!

So waitā€¦ we have a radio station again?

I think its a podcast type deal. I will actually be on there. Im looking for one other person who is well versed in our football stance, I think NinerID and or C49er and who ever else know alot about the issue, should PM me so we can have a strong showing on that show.

I have never heard of the program. Do people actually listen to it?

This weekā€™s ā€œepisodeā€ is its inaugural show. Next weekā€™s will be the second in the history of the show.

Everyone send your comments in supportā€¦ please!

Someone make sure Gill is sober when he speaks so I can understand him. :toast:

Someone make sure Gill is sober when he speaks so I can understand him. :toast:

I doubt you guys will be able to smell the alchohal on my breath. But in any case, I will bring a translatorā€¦

LOLā€¦

[QUOTE]
Host: So, Gill, what do you think of the new rec center which may conflict with securing funding for a football team?

Gill: vomiting due to intoxication heard in background

Translator: He doesnā€™t like it, Sethā€¦ doesnā€™t like it at all.
[/QUOTE]

LOL...

I think thatā€™s more likely to be my reaction, if you believe the talk about meā€¦

[QUOTE=ChevEE;219868]Yeah, I saw that in the article about this weekā€™s topic being a radio station. The radio station thing recycles every 4 years or so. Students lobbied for a radio station when I was attending, got one and it disappeared againā€¦ Anyways, that topic is for another thread. I am impressed with the attention football is recieving compared to where we stood just a year ago. Again, great job CFIs![/QUOTE]

WCRO? Extremely weak AM signal and nothing but heavy alternative music? Yeah, if their not going to do a real radio station they might as well not.

its not a $30 million dollar rec centerā€¦ its a $60 million dollar student unionā€¦ write that downā€¦

[QUOTE=GSpotNiner;220309]its not a $30 million dollar rec centerā€¦ its a $60 million dollar student unionā€¦ write that downā€¦[/QUOTE]
:confused: The new Student Union is $58 millionā€¦

Gill, Jimmyhat, 49orbust, Ninercentral, and myself were guestsā€¦Listen (and watch) here.

[URL=http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/02/25/News/uncc-Talks.About.Football-2746926.shtml]http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/02/25/News/uncc-Talks.About.Football-2746926.shtml[/URL]

I like the way the interview wentā€¦It was a good show. I just hope people watch and listen.

Am I missing something or just being a bonehead, etc?

When I click on Noreasterā€™s link, I donā€™t see anything you can go to or click on to listen to this.

:sad:

Am I missing something or just being a bonehead, etc?

When I click on Noreasterā€™s link, I donā€™t see anything you can go to or click on to listen to this.

:sad:

You might need to download a media player of some sort. Itā€™s a video, starts with a picture of the host. There is a play button on the bottom left corner of the picture.

Direct link to video
[URL=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7051380367546480791&hl=en]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7051380367546480791&hl=en[/URL]

:confused: The new Student Union is $58 million...
keep thinking that, wait til the finall bill comes. Last i heard it was nearing 65.