UNCC team vies for world title this weekend

[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/623734.html#none]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/623734.html[/URL]

awesome. Good luck to the Charlotte team!

In reality, the knowledge gained from events like these is more important than any achievement in athletics.

Page 6 if they win.

faculty members Michael Fiddy, [B]Hasan[/B], and Kenneth Paulus.
What? One name? ONE NAME? Who are you? Seal?

[QUOTE=eason49;396287]What? One name? ONE NAME? Who are you? Seal?[/QUOTE]

maybe Hasan is the “Lebron” of photovoltaic technology

What? One name? ONE NAME? Who are you? Seal?

No, they mentioned his full name earlier in the article. In news writing you mention a person’s full name once and then use the last name after that.

maybe Hasan is the "Lebron" of photovoltaic technology
:lol:

I hope we win. And why is a contest hosted by the US gov’t. allowing foreign schools to compete?

I hope we win. And why is a contest hosted by the US gov't. allowing foreign schools to compete?

It’s a world championship.

It's a world championship.
We're just a beacon of knowledge today, aren't we? :smile:
We're just a beacon of knowledge today, aren't we? :smile:

Not just today… but seriously, you just have to read closer. And actually SCK’s question was answered in the title of the thread.

I know it’s a World championship, but it’s sponsored by OUR gov’t., so they better have an American team win on my tax dollars.

Who ever wins the NBA championship is considered “world champs,” but it’s only for american teams.

Page 6 if they win.

And they call us NC-Char.

Page 6 if they win.
This is not the sports section, so it may be better than page 6.

This article was larger than almost any article Mike Persinger has ever let us have in the Sports Section.

And they call us [B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]UNC[/COLOR][/B].

fixed.

Charlotte apparently is the only university with two teams in this event. They apparently missed our 2nd team IC Zero. Duke, Memphis, WVA and Tenn are some of the other schools participating. Event took place this week but I haven’t seen an announcement of the winner yet.

Charlotte apparently is the only university with two teams in this event. They apparently missed our 2nd team IC Zero. Duke, Memphis, WVA and Tenn are some of the other schools participating. Event took place this week but I haven't seen an announcement of the winner yet.
1st: Purdue 2nd: Clark Atlanta University 3rd: Duke
1st: Purdue 2nd: Clark Atlanta University 3rd: Duke

Sorry guys, I can’t help it… I’m jumpin’ on that Clark Atlanta U bandwagon!