UNCC vs VCU 1988 Sunbelt tournment

I was going thru some old tapes today.I found that I have this
game still on tape.VCU featuring a talent guard in Coach Cheeks.
I can make a copy on DVD or VHS if any one is interested?

Who was on the team that year?

I was at that game. That was the same year we lost to BYU in OT during the NCAA tourney in Atlanta. That was a Dinkins was POY. It was the last year of play at Crickett Areana, and we had several sellouts.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;323761]Who was on the team that year?[/QUOTE]
Cedric “Gimme the Rock” Ball? How could you forget his free throws?

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;323782]Cedric “Gimme the Rock” Ball? How could you forget his free throws?[/QUOTE]

Yes…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Ball

[QUOTE=woodniner;323765] It was the last year of play at Crickett Areana, and we had several sellouts.[/QUOTE]

Negative - we played games at Cricket (the Big I) the year or two before Halton opened up after we stopped playing at the coliseum. I was end the crowd chanting Carolina Reject while Clifford Rozier missed key free throws during a Looserville game.

Barns and the big stop at the end of the game!!!

[QUOTE=woodniner;323765]I was at that game. That was the same year we lost to BYU in OT during the NCAA tourney in Atlanta. That was a Dinkins was POY. It was the last year of play at Crickett Areana, and we had several sellouts.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we played at the Coliseum (with the curtains) a few years after that and then returned to the Big “I” (basketball on an ice rink) for a couple more years prior to Halton Arena in 95.

Actually, we played at the Coliseum (with the curtains) a few years after that and then returned to the Big "I" (basketball on an ice rink) for a couple more years prior to Halton Arena in 95.

Halton opened in December, 1996.:tongue:

Cool. I’d like a copy.

Tell me what to do.

Thanks.

They had a stud named Phil Stennie

I’m pretty sure that tourney game was played in Richmong of Norfolk. Isn’t that the game the feed went out in CLT with less than a minute to go in a very close game. Everybody went to the front field and we burned Moore Hall sofas, trees and anything else we could find… to the tune of $12,000. Possibly the most insane student spirit I’ve seen at Charlotte!

Dude, totally. Put me down for one if it’s not too much trouble.

I would be interested.

I would be interested.

I’ll just borrow and never return TNA’s copy… jk. I’ve got your shirt, you need to get it back dude.

I was there, great games/tournament in Richmond, we had a really good offense that year. Dinkins, West and Frank Persley from the perimeter (it was rare in those days for a team to have 3 good perimeter shooters and we took advantage of the situation). The next game in Atlanta, NCAA game, was a heartbreaker.

PLEASE BURN ONE (DVD, of course, haha) FOR ME!! THANKS!!
I was there for all games. AWESOME!! The ghost of Hal Wissell was finally exorcized that weekend.
My fiancee and I were getting ready to check out of the Jefferson the morning after we won the title, but as I was turning off SportsCenter to leave the room, they said the Sunbelt championship replay was NEXT!! Soooo, we put our bags down and watched it in an endorphen stew!! AWESOME!!

Sorry that I haven’t respond.A close friend passed away this weekend.Anybody wanted a copy just send me a PM.