UNCG Fans talking us down

Apparently UNCG thinks we’re a little full of ourselves?

link: http://uncgfans.freeforums.org/2008-2009-t120.html

Charlotte won't play us at Fleming. They think they're too good for that.
I guess this may be a little harsh on UNCC, but I spent a few mintues reading stuff on Niner Nation. I really want us to wear them out in b'ball, b/c I'd love to spend a week over there reading excuses.
I'm sure the SoCon can't wait to let them in for just a few years (and football only). Anything other than that would be beneath them.
We play them in Halton this year...I have a lot of respect for the school, but it seems like the few fans they have quite an exaggerated view of themselves? In that thread it seemed like anyone barely even knew who they would be playing this season.

UNCG has a message board?

UNCG has a message board?

theres a unc system school in greensboro???

UNCG has fans?

Can we now start a “We have football” chant that we have heard for years from others??? hahaha

My sister went to school there and I have a lot of respect for the school. I know they beat GT last year, but who knows who they have coming back.

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;342721]theres a unc system school in greensboro???[/QUOTE]

Actually two and if you want to count the two schools in Winston-Salem, that four within the Triad!

BTW, how about all the football-related threads within the Football Forum?! :rolleyes:

Can we now start a "We have football" chant that we have heard for years from others???? hahaha

My sister went to school there and I have a lot of respect for the school. I know they beat GT last year, but who knows who they have coming back.

Kyle Hines is gone and thats all I care about. That dude was a MONSTER. We should win by 15 to 20.

Ironically, we play them at Halton the day after the BOT makes their decision. I can understand where they are coming from, bu they must recognize the size of our school, in terms of number of students and faculty as well as in terms of our academic programs. We are on a different level. That’s not even touching sports… I’m no saying we are unbeatable, just giving credit where it is due. And we have developed this in a matter of 50 years.

I'm no saying we are unbeatable, just giving credit where it is due. And we have developed this in a matter of 50 years.

(…and we’re better.)

Phleming Arena seats like 9 people.

We could play them at A and T or Grimsley and get in a bigger arena.

UNCG?

LoL Still can’t get over Kaits avatar!

They’re jealous that their Chancellor said NO a couple of years ago.

[QUOTE=Tintin;342750]Phleming Arena seats like 9 people.

We could play them at A and T or [B]Grimsley [/B]and get in a bigger arena.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the shout out for the Whirlies there, Tintin!

Wilmington also started a thread about our fantastic news, but no one has replied yet: [URL]http://caazone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=9[/URL]

I went back to the main forum and noticed that the last post was 2 days ago!

Makes me realize how much support Charlotte really has…

:49ers:

My nephew is a freshman at UNCG, and will be at the game in my seats (we have to be out of town for a wedding that weekend). He has been a Charlotte 49er fan for many years, having attended many games with us in Halton, and he is “indescribably excited” about the game. He’ll be wearing a “Blue Crew” t-shirt, but said he might wear a 49er shirt underneath, so he can take off the UNCG shirt in the event of a loss. He’s a sports nut, especially college basketball, and wants to be a sports broadcaster when he graduates. Great kid, but I told him I may give him a blue and gold cap with a big “L” on it, to wear at the game.

I thought ECU was the school in Greenville? When did they change to UNCG?

I thought ECU was the school in Greenville? When did they change to UNCG?

:lmao:

My nephew is a freshman at UNCG, and will be at the game in my seats (we have to be out of town for a wedding that weekend). He has been a Charlotte 49er fan for many years, having attended many games with us in Halton, and he is "indescribably excited" about the game. He'll be wearing a "Blue Crew" t-shirt, but said he might wear a 49er shirt underneath, so he can take off the UNCG shirt in the event of a loss. He's a sports nut, especially college basketball, and wants to be a sports broadcaster when he graduates. Great kid, but I told him I may give him a blue and gold cap with a big "L" on it, to wear at the game.

LoL… thankfully he wont be sitting in the student section. The alumns arent as viscous.

is UNCG a part of UNC-CH? or am i missing something?

[QUOTE]I bet Niner Nation is going crazy since the article had UNCC in the title.

Boy do they hate it when you call them that.[/QUOTE]

QFT (unfortunately)