UNCW Looking into Football.....

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dl…S/51018002/1005

UNCW is now looking into starting up a football program. Getting feedback to possibly make it happen down the road.

“UNCW is one of six schools in the 12-team Colonial Athletic Association lacking football, joined by Drexel, Old Dominion, Georgia State, Virginia Commonwealth and George Mason. But plans are already in the works to bring football to Old Dominion, and Georgia State is in the exploratory stages.”

<_<

I doubt ODU or UNCW come up with the money to ever make it happen. ODU has set a time table to have the financial backing while UNCW hasn’t even gotten that far. I like both programs and would love to have them both as close rivals in the A-10, but I doubt we ever see football at either of those schools.

It’s going to happen, & we can’t get beat by ODU or UNCW. Didn’t VCU say they were going to get a team too?
I’d love to go on an Atlanta to see the Niners vs. GSU or the beach to see the Niners vs. Wilmington or Coastal Carolina. How far are ODU & VCU from the beach?

VCU is in Richmond, VA and several hours from the coast.

ODU on the other hand is in Norfolk, VA and 30/45 minutes tops from the coast.

I would be suprised if they ever get the money to make it happen.

[b]I would be suprised if they ever get the money to make it happen. [/b]

I think everyone here knows my position on football, so I will not go into it. I just want to commend ODU and VCU and UNCW for having the forsight and vision to see that the future of college athletics IS football and for having the courage to take a swing at it. Succeed or fail atleast they tried… which is more than we can say about our school.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 01:39 PM [b] It's going to happen, & we can't get beat by ODU or UNCW. Didn't VCU say they were going to get a team too? I'd love to go on an Atlanta to see the Niners vs. GSU or the beach to see the Niners vs. Wilmington or Coastal Carolina. How far are ODU & VCU from the beach? [/b]
VCU is about two hours from the beach (Va Beach).

Yeah, I can’t imagine the traffic here in Atlanta on a Saturday afternoon at Grady High in Midtown for a Ga. State and Charlotte football game…

I’m sure all in attendance would have a blast…way to shoot for the stars there.