Undaunted: ECU announces athletics strategic plan

ECUPirates.com: East Carolina Athletics Announces Strategic Plan

Wow, that’s a very specific plan right there!

[quote=“TheGreenRanger, post:2, topic:28580”]Wow, that’s a very specific plan right there![/quote] So many details! My head is spinning. :wink:

I like how they say that specific goals would be stated subject to change as conditions warrant. Way to go way out on that limb, ECU

i hope this commission didn’t cost them too much.
AND the "code"left out god!

[quote=“earlyniner, post:4, topic:28580”]i hope this commission didn’t cost them too much.
AND the "code"left out god![/quote]
Like stamats 250k…

[quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:28580”][quote=“TheGreenRanger, post:2, topic:28580”]Wow, that’s a very specific plan right there![/quote] So many details! My head is spinning. :wink:

I like how they say that specific goals would be stated subject to change as conditions warrant. Way to go way out on that limb, ECU[/quote]
So do you believe the 49ers should or should not do this?

[quote=“Card49, post:6, topic:28580”][quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:28580”][quote=“TheGreenRanger, post:2, topic:28580”]Wow, that’s a very specific plan right there![/quote] So many details! My head is spinning. :wink:

I like how they say that specific goals would be stated subject to change as conditions warrant. Way to go way out on that limb, ECU[/quote]
So do you believe the 49ers should or should not do this?[/quote] Whatever question you are asking, and I don’t know what you mean by “this”, I have no opinion as to what we should do.
Just making fun of ECU in the snarky way fan boards do. Setting goals subject to change as conditions warrant is an empty promise.

I would like to have an acronym to Niners… :wink:

They are much better positioned than we are, so make fun all you want… I’d kill a drifter to be in the AAC.

I’ve already seen “Undaunted” ECU billboards around Charlotte.

If we didn’t have football, you wouldn’t see them this far west. They’re feeling the heat and smellin’ what the NINERS are cookin’. (as are crapple hole, ncsu, unc-tweetsie) Love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I find it offensive. The implication is that we’re daunted. :))

no. daunting!

Fact remains. Never a state of union

Much Much Much BETTER Position. I give a lot of credit credit to Terry Holland, their AD who kept promoting the school to the old Big East and trying to work out deals.

Much Much Much BETTER Position. I give a lot of credit credit to Terry Holland, their AD who kept promoting the school to the old Big East and trying to work out deals.[/quote]

clt says unless Charlotte or ecu moves up to the g5, we are in the same boat*

*except for the wooden like lebo! who puts their bball program ahead of duke.

One thing mentioned is to get all teams to NCAA’s and to win as many C-USA championships as they can in final year…

How many of their teams have been to NCAA’s the past 10 yrs, and how many C-USA championships have they had in that period as well…

Good to set the precedent of expectations, but I’d be very interested to see how much they are going to pump into their programs, and what programs they will end up cutting… which is the growing trend

just did a quick look on the championships page of Cusa… Past 8 1/2 years

1 Football Championship
1 Women’s Bball
2 Softball
1 Women’s Golf
1 Baseball
1 Women’s Indoor Track
1 Reg Season Women’s Soccer

Going back to the 05-06 Academic Year, Charlotte already has 1 Reg Season(Women’s Soccer) and 1 Championship(Men’s Soccer), I feel as though we are positioned to perform pretty well moving forward and I don’t see ECU dominating or being a contender in the AAC for awhile. Again I think our numbers should dwarf theirs over the next decade regardless of how much money they throw into their athletic dept.

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:19, topic:28580”]just did a quick look on the championships page of Cusa… Past 8 1/2 years

1 Football Championship
1 Women’s Bball
2 Softball
1 Women’s Golf
1 Baseball
1 Women’s Indoor Track
1 Reg Season Women’s Soccer

Going back to the 05-06 Academic Year, Charlotte already has 1 Reg Season(Women’s Soccer) and 1 Championship(Men’s Soccer), I feel as though we are positioned to perform pretty well moving forward and I don’t see ECU dominating or being a contender in the AAC for awhile. Again I think our numbers should dwarf theirs over the next decade regardless of how much money they throw into their athletic dept.[/quote]

BleEDgreen49er, the explanation is simple. We have better coaches than they do, don’t you agree?