University of Charlotte?????????????

GUYS IS IT TRUE OUR CHANCELLOR IS GOING TO NAME OUR SCHOOL THE UNIVERISTY OF CHARLOTTE??? IF SO, THEY WHEN???

not this conversation again… :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by GoNinersGo[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 01:43 AM [b] GUYS IS IT TRUE OUR CHANCELLOR IS GOING TO NAME OUR SCHOOL THE UNIVERISTY OF CHARLOTTE????? IF SO, THEY WHEN????? [/b]
Considering we don't know (or at least I don't think we do) who our new Chancellor will be, I wouldn't count on it just yet.

The Chancellor CANNOT rename the school. The State Legislature would have to do it, but only after the UNC Board of Governors gave it their blessing after years of political crap. And that may NEVER happen…but it SHOULD!!

Before the game oagainst the jailcats, I was watching the Gophers of Minnesota game. Some of you know Vincent Grier plays with them and he hasd a great game. Anyway, the announcers said where he was from and where he went to school stating that in his freshman year he went to the University of Charlotte.
If we are only Charlotte athletically are we the Charlotte 49ers of UNC-Charlotte?

Oops sorry guys I didn’t see the Vincent Grier thread. I guess everyone already knew! :wacko:

:popcorn: Figured it was about time for this topic to rise from the ashes again. Deam on, lightning may strike.

Who’s Vincent Grier? :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the first things Jeff Mullins said when he arrived was the schools name needs to be the “University of Charlotte”.
I agree! And the topic needs to be brought up again and again until we have the name change!

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:32 AM [b] The Chancellor CANNOT rename the school. The State Legislature would have to do it, but only after the UNC Board of Governors gave it their blessing after years of political crap. And that may NEVER happen....but it SHOULD!! [/b]
A chancellor may not be able to rename a school. But he would be the driving force to get it done.

PLEASE GET IT DONE!!!

I’m all for a full fledgfed protest on jones st up in Raleigh

we could have a name-change pep rally in front of the legislatiure

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:49 AM [b] I'm all for a full fledgfed protest on jones st up in Raleigh

we could have a name-change pep rally in front of the legislatiure [/b]

I’m in.

I think the O doesn’t provide enough Niner coverage. :wacko:

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 12:56 PM [b] I think the O doesn't provide enough Niner coverage. :wacko: [/b]
I happy with the O coverage for now, so we might as well get the name changed while we're at it...and then they'll have to replace the sign in front of campus, and then it'll make all of the merchandise in the bookstore HAVE to say just Charlotte (or the U of Charlotte, while is still just as nice).

What a domino affect the Observer coverage had on our program!