UPCOMING CONCERTS IN CHARLOTTE-UPDATED!!!

Some pit and GA tickets just opened for Alice in Chains on April 20 at Uptown Amphitheatre at The
Music Factory. Get them here:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E00446993BE5783?cce_tid=3D3F74563F3F3F45103F3F34713F3F3F71552070&oid=3D3F74563F3F3F45103F3F34713F3F3F71552070&eid=419333&brand=livenation&artistid=734408&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

I would go if I didn’t have to pay $52 to see them. I believe I payed around $25 to see them in 2006. Don’t get me wrong though, they put on a great show.

Well, guess I’ll be doing something else that weekend!

The Tom Petty show in Charlotte May 7th has been rescheduled for September 19th. The Raleigh show for the night before. No word on whether Joe Cocker will still open.

According to this, Joe Cocker still listed to open Charlotte and Raleigh shows. Other openers include Crosby, Stills & Nash, Drive-By Truckers, Buddy Guy, My Morning Jacket, and ZZ Top.

TomPetty.com: Tour 2010

Ok so this one isn’t in Charlotte, more in the Greenville, S.C. area, but it’s still a great show at a great price so I thought I’d post it:

[u][b]NEW SHOW:

[/b][/u][b]BLUES TRAVELER (9:00pm)/The Wailers (7:30pm)-5/30-FREEDOM WEEKEND ALOFT @ HERITAGE PARK AMPHITHEATER (Simpsonville, SC)

Tix are available in advance at most Bi-Lo locations for just $5 (for Sunday, 5/30) thru April, then $7.50 starting in May. $10 at the gate, with a $5 parking charge per vehicle.

[/b]Having seen Blues Traveler twice, I can tell you that they do NOT disappoint. Straight up blues/jam grooves late into the night. (And for God sakes, quit calling them The Blues Travelers. Smack anyone you know who does.) And The Wailers, well, what needs to be said about them? Legends. Definitely recommend making the drive for this one.

I saw Need to Breathe Friday at Amos’. Not a bad show, I had never heard of them but they seem to have a pretty good following here in NC.

For the hairband fans, Firehouse is playing at Amos’ this Saturday! 4/24

Anyone familiar with Appetite for Destruction; cover band for GnR? Are they worth seeing?

This list is depressing. Mostly has beens from the 90’s and other generic washups, and some other bland no names and horrible nu metal/emo crap (sorry Run).

I might see Tift Merritt, but she pretty much fits that description too.

Charlotte is horrible live music draw. Its really depressing.

HEALTH is going to be at Snug Harbor, so at least there is that. Snug Harbor has honestly been the best place to catch shows at so far this year. Surfer Blood, Monotonix, Japandroid, You Say Party We Say Die!, and now HEALTH.

Did you go to the Surfer Blood show? How was it?

I would have liked to check that out. Also haven’t been to Snug Harbor yet… It’s over near the Penguin/ Thomas St, isn’t it?

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:68, topic:22382”]This list is depressing. Mostly has beens from the 90’s and other generic washups, and some other bland no names and horrible nu metal/emo crap (sorry Run).

I might see Tift Merritt, but she pretty much fits that description too.

Charlotte is horrible live music draw. Its really depressing.[/quote]

I gotta disagree with ya man, things are getting alot better, especially with the new venues. Sure, you’re still going to have your 90’s rejects trying to find their way back here and there. But for the most part Charlotte is improving dramatically, I wouldn’t give up on it yet.

And hey, some of those 90s has-beens can still really rock!

CPA… Appetite for destruction is definitely worth seeing, I’ve seen them like 6 times prob.

Btw, forgot to issue some condolences, the drummer for You Say Party! We Say Die! died over the weekend in a freak stage collapse accident. Devon Clifford was his name. Sad story.

The new venues should help get some bigger name bands here. I don’t get out to many concerts because most of the bands I would pay to see don’t come through here very often. There is a lot of good local music I go out and see pretty often.

I gotta disagree with ya man

There’s literally not one band above that I really wanna see. How many bands from say coachella this weekend, will play in Charlotte this year? One? (Jay-Z?)

And hey, some of those 90s has-beens can still really rock!

Ughhh… yes, by 99.7’s tired playlist and 90’s 106.5 The End’s standards.

Charlotte is a guaranteed sellout for an Eagles tour where tickets cost between $100 and $250. Taken together with my Coachella comparison, that makes for a dreadful music scene. The average tour that stops here is sponsored by Wal Mart.

I thought the new booking team at NT would help. So far, nada.

Don’t need to apologize to me, though my son might beg to differ with you! I can’t tell the difference between A Skylit Drive and Sky Eats Airplane (both appearing in Greensboro soon), but my 17-year old assures me ASD is the better band!

As for me, I will be attending the Porcupine Tree concert at Amos’ next week. Got good reviews for their Coachella show, so I’m looking forward to seeing them (though I’m not too keen on the venue for the visual aspect of their show).

Finally, putting in a plug for Sugar Glyder, who will be playing at the Visualite on 5/8.

Unfortunately fitting band name.

Unfortunately fitting band name.[/quote]

Hahhahaha.

Apparently had a brain hemmorhage. Just listening to them last night, but just now hearing about Clifford’s death. Yes, very sad.

Before the new shows, one update, the OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW show at Neighborhood Theatre on May 8th is now SOLD OUT.[u][b]

NEW SHOWS:

[/b][/u][b]NEON METHODS/Shaniqua Brown-4/22-VISULITE THEATRE

NEAR GRAVITY-4/30-VISULITE THEATRE

HOLY GHOST TENT REVIVAL/Matrimony-5/5-NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE (FREE MUSIC NIGHT!!)

AGAINST ME!-5/15-VISULITE THEATRE

BLACKBERRY SMOKE/Heywire-5/19-NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE

MICHAEL BURKS/Shane Pruitt Band-6/4-DOUBLE DOOR INN

LAURA REED/The Yonrico Scott Band-6/5-NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE (FREE MUSIC NIGHT!!)

THE SPONGETONES-6/5-DOUBLE DOOR INN

PAPA GROWS FUNK-6/11-DOUBLE DOOR INN

CHATHAM COUNTY LINE-7/9-NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE

JONNY LANG-8/26-FILLMORE CHARLOTTE

Also, a happy 4/20 to those who partake :)[/b]