Updated Brackets

May have been posted already but I can’t keep up with all the threads lately :wacko:

Has us as an #8 seed (which I feel is justified) playing Creighton in first round, with a potential 2nd round matchup against Wake Forest. I will say this though…of all the #1 seeds out there, I’d rather face Wake than any of the others. I think we’d have a chance but of course, this is assuming we don’t fall apart again and lose to Creighton.

They have DePaul in as a 12 which I just don’t see happening, especially if Memphis beats L’ville today, which I think they will do.

Sportsline.com

ESPN.com has us as a #7, playing Vincent Grier and company:

ESPN.com

A 7 seed at Foxsports.com, playing George Washington, followed by Kansas. These two matchups don’t please me in the least.

Foxsports.com

As long as we are not in the Illinois bracket…“I like it, I like it alot.”

Creighton is hot we are not…
Wake will not be a #1 Seed after last night
Now back to Golddusters Thread :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by jp49er[/i]@Mar 12 2005, 08:08 AM [b] Wake will not be a #1 Seed after last night [/b]
True...will be interesting to see who replaces them should they lose that seeding. A lot can happen today/tomorrow before the committee goes to work.

Everyone just do your “no 8/9 game” dances, chants, superstitious rituals, etc. Whatever it takes to avoid what has become too much of a constant for us.

Wake’s guards would pummel us… :mellow:

Wake guard will “pummel” us for sure.The only thing I am scare of wake guard is our player have to wear wayyy too much protective gears. It will be kind of hard to maneuver wouldn’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Mar 12 2005, 09:01 AM [b] Wake guard will "pummel" us for sure.The only thing I am scare of wake guard is our player have to wear wayyy too much protective gears. It will be kind of hard to maneuver wouldn't you think? :P [/b]
Yeah, wearing a sports cup may be a prerequisite for that game. :P

The only one who he’d dare hit would be Mitch. Eddie and Plav could break him in two. Besides we could always pull a Chaney! :blink:

It probably didn’t help that the State kids were taunting Paul about his grandpa’s death. I personally want no part of Wake. I think they would crush us in the guard matchups. However, they are definently the weakest of the #1 seeds.

[b]49erFan1 Posted on Mar 12 2005, 09:08 AM The only one who he'd dare hit would be Mitch. Eddie and Plav could break him in two. Besides we could always pull a Chaney! [/b]

One of the most effective “enforcer” stands out in my mind back in Coach Mullins era was Mike “the bruiser” Washington.He would checked in when the opponent got a “little physical”. . .He was always there to keep 'em “honest”. I saw him on the sideline at Halton quite a bit every season. May I suggest that we need to hire him as a coach for our “special team”. B)

I only hope we avoid the 8/9 game. No want wants any part of UNC/Wake/Ill this year.

You forget about KP-Kelvin Price or Jarvis The Bang Lang. They would TCOB as well. Personally I would not want any part of Eddie or Chris Nance either from this year’s squad.

ESPN–how in the hell is Notre Dame in (lost to Rutgers) and Iowa out (beat Michigan State and also winners this year over Louisville, Texas, and Texas Tech! <_<

[i]Originally posted by karaokelegend[/i]@Mar 12 2005, 12:32 PM [b] ESPN--how in the hell is Notre Dame in (lost to Rutgers) and Iowa out (beat Michigan State and also winners this year over Louisville, Texas, and Texas Tech! <_< [/b]
Never mind, I see a more up-to-date bracket now.

CBSSportsline.com has us as an 8 playing Miami (Ohio) and Wake in the 2nd rd.

C-USA projection: 5 teams

In: Louisville.
At-large: Charlotte, Cincinnati, UAB, DePaul.
Bubble burst: Houston, Marquette, TCU.

Alone at the line with all the nation’s bubble teams collectively rooting against him, freshman Darius Washington went just 1-for-3 at the free throw line, missing his final two attempts that would’ve landed Memphis a spot in the NCAAs. Larry O’Bannon’s clutch 3-pointer on Louisville’s final possession ended up being the difference.

Chris Paul:
Dribbles
Shoots
And
Punches
Balls

This is what my sign would read if we ever played Wake.