USA v Brazil Boxscore

Boxscore

Try cutting a pasting the whole thing but it wouldn’t fit, sorry.

My thoughts:
Curtis Started again and while he didn’t have eye popping stats(1 pt, 4 Reb, 2 stl, 16mins) I am impress in what appears to some new found discipline. He only took 2 shots and seems to have embraces his role as the “Ben Wallace” of this team. Not alot of plays could switch gears like that when they are use to being the focal point of their teams offense.

CP (7pts, 4rebs, 2 a, 2stl) Not being as assertive offensively as I would like, but obviously getting everyone else involved and letting Adam and May do the scoring.

Adams(15pts, 3reb, 1a, 2blk, 5stl(wow) Now I see why some people are so high on Arizona this year. This dude is a stud.

May, seems to be a pretty decent player… for a fat person.

PJ Tucker(10pts, 6rebs in only 14 mins) What a beast!!! First how did the ACC let this guy get away. I know he was marginally recruited by State and Clemson but none of the ACC seemed to give him serious love so he signed with Texas late in the spring. My questions is where were we??? Did we ever get involved with him?? Just curious, I dont really remember us being in the picture.

Looks like everyone played at least 11mins except Sumpter and Padgett which is pretty predictable. I look for the team to score more and shoot the three much better in their next game.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jul 30 2004, 11:05 AM [b] May, seems to be a pretty decent player....... for a fat person. [/b]
:lmao:
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jul 30 2004, 10:05 AM [b] My thoughts: Curtis Started again and while he didn't have eye popping stats(1 pt, 4 Reb, 2 stl, 16mins) I am impress in what appears to some new found discipline. He only took 2 shots and seems to have embraces his role as the "Ben Wallace" of this team. Not alot of plays could switch gears like that when they are use to being the focal point of their teams offense.

[/b]

Most people (and I’ll have to agree) will say that Withers was not the focal point of last year’s offense. He was a piece of it but definitely not the focal point. He just became a scorer for us last year. This year, the off will run through him and Plavich, with help from the others. Lots of two man game going on.

Think Withers and Plav will work on the Pick and Roll?? I know Demon and Curt ran “Zipper” a lot last year. I would be interesting to see those 2 run it every now and then IMO

Also, would love to see the coaching staff contact this Marcus Toledo kid (22pts, 8rebs, 4stl) we could find room for a nice Brazilian kid, maybe he wants to spend a semester abroad.

[b]PJ Tucker(10pts, 6rebs in only 14 mins) What a beast!!! First how did the ACC let this guy get away. I know he was marginally recruited by State and Clemson but none of the ACC seemed to give him serious love so he signed with Texas late in the spring. My questions is where were we??? Did we ever get involved with him?? Just curious, I dont really remember us being in the picture. [/b]

Based on what blh and some othrs posted here, PJ wanted to come here, but we didn’t have room. He’s another one we let get away.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 30 2004, 11:18 AM [b]
[b]PJ Tucker(10pts, 6rebs in only 14 mins) What a beast!!! First how did the ACC let this guy get away. I know he was marginally recruited by State and Clemson but none of the ACC seemed to give him serious love so he signed with Texas late in the spring. My questions is where were we??? Did we ever get involved with him?? Just curious, I dont really remember us being in the picture. [/b]

Based on what blh and some othrs posted here, PJ wanted to come here, but we didn’t have room. He’s another one we let get away. [/b]

I don’t remember hearing Tucker wanted to come here. I do remember us discussing him and saying he’s just another 6’6" pf (like Hicks for Cinci) and that we need big 6’9" guys, not tweeners. That was us. We’re brilliant. :rolleyes: :wacko:

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jul 30 2004, 11:17 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jul 30 2004, 11:17 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Jul 30 2004, 01:31 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Jul 30 2004, 01:31 PM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Jul 30 2004, 11:17 AM [b]

I agree the offense was not what it could have been given our talent level. The year we have incredible potential as well. We know Curtis will be strong and consistant. If we can get some more consistancy from Plavich that would be a big help. I look for Eddie to really become more of a scorer this year(I totally forgot he had a 27pt game last year.) With our depth this year I would love to see us running and scoring in the high 80’s at least every time out.