USBL Draft 2007

[URL=http://www.usbl.com/ssp/usbldraft]http://www.usbl.com/ssp/usbldraft[/URL]

Lasme and Freeman from UMASS
Carl Elliott from GW

looked at some of the other players, Plavich is with the kansas team

10 pts a game for plavich, but surprisingly high free throw pct- 19/23.

why is Plavichs 82% ft percentage suprising, he could shoot free throws, just had the rough strech his senior year where he couldn’t hit. Before that he was over 80 percent. How does this draft work, what if an NBA team wanted to draft one of these players in July?

They probably call the players to ask if they’d be interested. There may be no obligation to play in that league unless a player choses to since they may not be drafted into the NBA, not make a team, or do not want to go overseas. There were quite a few names on that list that could be drafted or make a team in the NBA.

10 pts a game for plavich, but surprisingly high free throw pct- 19/23.

Nothing really surprising about it. He shot a high percentage, and of no surprise only had 23 attempts b/c he just floats around the 3pt line.

why is Plavichs 82% ft percentage suprising, he could shoot free throws, just had the rough strech his senior year where he couldn't hit. Before that he was over 80 percent. How does this draft work, what if an NBA team wanted to draft one of these players in July?

Actually, he shot 80+% only once in his college career, and averaged .708% from the free throw position.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;231017]Nothing really surprising about it. He shot a high percentage, and of no surprise only had 23 attempts b/c he just floats around the 3pt line.[/QUOTE]

You mean around half-court. I’d like to see him play again. His range was unbelievable.

Demon was actually the number one pick in the USBL draft. I saw him at the year-end banquet the day after the draft. He wasn’t impressed. Said he was going somewhere where he could make “three figures” (edit: six figures). Not sure why he didn’t pursue pro ball for very long. He was at most of our home games this year.

Said he was going somewhere where he could make "three figures".

haha, i made “three figures” today.

hoping he meant six

[QUOTE=ninerID;231306]haha, i made “three figures” today.

hoping he meant six[/QUOTE]

:unsure: I’m pretty sure he said six. He knew how to handle his bizness.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;231302] Not sure why he didn’t pursue pro ball for very long. He was at most of our home games this year.[/QUOTE]

The ghetto act doesn’t go over so well in Europe.