usc baseball, MLB field

http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/684600.html

hp emailed this to me…

sick :weep::lmao:

Wow.

Incredible, If I remember correctly, isn’t the river right behind or close to the fence too? That is top notch.

Could anyone understand a word that guy Bill was saying? Geeez.

that is one badass complex they have there.

That’s what $35 mill will get you. Very nice!! I wish the Knights had something that nice. I looked at their site and it says that if you want naming rights, you have to pay for half of the stadium.

I wish we were on there schedule again this year, but they probably don’t want us back after last year. I would have made the trip to see that new ballpark.

I plan on making the trip to Chapel Hill this year when we play there. They are opening a $25 mill stadium.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;384672]I plan on making the trip to Chapel Hill this year when we play there. They are opening a $25 mill stadium.[/QUOTE]
…and it’s freakin’ AWESOME, too. I walked past it with the girlfriend the other night. It’s not as nice as what SC has, but it’s still a first-class facility.

I know ours is smaller, but we have a top 40-50 facility as well. Some of you should dig around on the internet to see where the other A-10 teams play. It’s awful.

...and it's freakin' AWESOME, too. I walked past it with the girlfriend the other night. It's not as nice as what SC has, but it's still a first-class facility.

I know ours is smaller, but we have a top 40-50 facility as well. Some of you should dig around on the internet to see where the other A-10 teams play. It’s awful.

A-10 teams play on HS fields. Richmond might have a nice stadium though.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;384672]I plan on making the trip to Chapel Hill this year when we play there. They are opening a $25 mill stadium.[/QUOTE]
I too hope to get over there for a game or two this season including the Niners game. From the pictures I have seen it doesn’t come close to USC’s new park. Heels fans are also complaining over the green seats they have in the new place.

I have a buddy I played against in high school that plays at south carolina and I talked to him the other day and all we seemed to talk about was the stadium. As a person that loves baseball and every aspect of it this stadium for a college is awesome! I watch the cathedrals of the game on MLB Network now and this looks like they should start making one for college baseball. I havent been down to see the stadium yet but I am hoping to do so. Now on to UNC Chapel Hills stadium. I have been in the old bosh locker room with a high school teammate that plays there and let me tell you, TINY is one of the only ways to describe that one. The new one from the pictures look amazing and awesome. Cant wait to road trip to that game and see it first hand. Lets not forget about Wake Forest and their move to Ernie Shore field in Winston-Salem. They have never been able to bring crowds to hooks stadium on campus because of the day time games and maybe now they will be able to bring people to the games. While all that is taking place in the ACC with baseball stadiums going up, Charlotte to me is still better than everyones Stadiums. I am bias I know because I go to school here and everything, but I have been in the Erik Walker Suite and it top notch. I grew up as a family friend of Erik and have looked up to him since he was in Majors (little league) killing baseballs and striking people out. I believe that their was no better baseball player to ever come out of Clemmons, West Forsyth, University of Charlotte. We have the wringly field effect with that patio up there and the home field advantae with our great fans. I hope everyone thinks as highly as our stadium as I do. Go Charlotte and lets beat those tigers!

Don’t get me wrong, I think our stadium is beautiful… but the fan-friendliness leaves a lot to be desired. There isn’t a single spot on the so-called ‘overflow seating area’ that you can see the entire diamond. We really should have extended seating down one of the lines, or put an overflow bleacher somewhere in the outfield, IMO.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;384717]Don’t get me wrong, I think our stadium is beautiful… but the fan-friendliness leaves a lot to be desired. There isn’t a single spot on the so-called ‘overflow seating area’ that you can see the entire diamond. We really should have extended seating down one of the lines, or put an overflow bleacher somewhere in the outfield, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Give it time. The new facilities that we currently have were only the 1st phase of the finished project. There will continue to be upgrades and improvements to it. Eventually, you will see seating all the way down the foul lines.

[QUOTE=N1NER;384729]Give it time. The new facilities that we currently have were only the 1st phase of the finished project. There will continue to be upgrades and improvements to it. Eventually, you will see seating all the way down the foul lines.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing. I have heard of a phase 2 for the project which included extending the stands down the base lines and an indoor batting facility. Just have to get the $$.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;384730]Just have to get the $$.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!