UTimes Editorial On Ticket System

How did that go?

He trashed the Niners for not having a football team. JK. :mellow:

I didnā€™t recognize him, but one of the guys he was sitting with told one of the guys I was sitting with that it was him and I looked up his picture online and it was him. I have a picture of the back of his head if anyone is interested.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er+Oct 4 2005, 05:43 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (lutz9er @ Oct 4 2005, 05:43 PM)

The Utimes sucksā€¦ the total lack of editing and the fact that horribly researched articles make the paper are only a few of the many problems plaguing this increasingly BAD publication.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Oct 4 2005, 04:40 PM [b] How many games has the UTimes editor attended during their years at UNCC? I'll bet it's under double digits. [/b]
I would believe that, I don't know that she cares one bit about our basketball team.

A lot of people down there donā€™t. We have had a few sports editors that werenā€™t really big niner fans.

I worked for the UTimes my freshman year for 2 weeks. I walk into a meeting on my first day and the sports editor says ā€œOk, someone needs to interview Bobby Lutz for this years basketball preview, who wants to do itā€ and no one took the assignment. I would have done it if I had known how to write an article.

The moral of the story is that the UTimes writers donā€™t care about athletics. But they enjoy bitching about it.

Iā€™m not entirely sure those attacks are fair - granted Iā€™m not on campus enough to get every issue, but Iā€™ve seen 3 or 4 this fall and theyā€™ve generally had large articles about athletics and a large photo. Now of course the rest of the paper is trash, but hey ā€¦

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Oct 4 2005, 05:00 PM [b]
[b] I sat behind pacman @ the UNC-CH/UNC-R football game [/b]
Why were you at that game? [/b]
I have my reasons.
[i]Originally posted by Brick Tamland, Weather[/i]@Oct 4 2005, 10:01 PM [b] I'm not entirely sure those attacks are fair - granted I'm not on campus enough to get every issue, but I've seen 3 or 4 this fall and they've generally had large articles about athletics and a large photo. Now of course the rest of the paper is trash, but hey ... [/b]
I agree, there is actually a full page spread about volleyball in the same issue this editorial. They seem to give fair coverage to sports, but things like this editorial show how far removed they actually are from being a normal student trying to go to the basketball games. The fact checking is just ridiculous though.

I donā€™t think they have anything else to write aboutā€¦