Utter: 49ers close the book on Lutz coaching era

CharotteObserver.com: 49ers close the book on Lutz coaching era

The Bobby Lutz Years at Charlotte

Did any of this make the print edition?

CharlotteObserver.com: The Gold Mine: Links to Observer pieces on end of Lutz era

poll: was it time for coach lutz to go?
55% yes
45% no
a little closer than i thought it would be. 2500 votes

[quote=“GetEmLOUD, post:4, topic:22769”]poll: was it time for coach lutz to go?
55% yes
45% no
a little closer than i thought it would be. 2500 votes[/quote]

The Ah She She fans that read the O will always think we can’t do better than what we have.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:5, topic:22769”][quote=“GetEmLOUD, post:4, topic:22769”]poll: was it time for coach lutz to go?
55% yes
45% no

The Ah She She fans that read the O will always think we can’t do better than what we have.[/quote]

Not only do they think we can’t, they don’t want us to.

[quote=“Max Power, post:6, topic:22769”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:5, topic:22769”][quote=“GetEmLOUD, post:4, topic:22769”]poll: was it time for coach lutz to go?
55% yes
45% no

The Ah She She fans that read the O will always think we can’t do better than what we have.[/quote]

Not only do they think we can’t, they don’t want us to.[/quote]

You give them too much credit for foresight and reasoning skills.

Well the O gave us plenty of coverage on this!

Just picked up a couple copies. :frowning:

Like every other media outlet in the USA. It makes me sick. Guess when we had this much media attention?: the last 2 times we lost a coach and were trying to hire another. It’s never this intense for our wins, etc. Sad.

According to a newspaper in Lakeland, Florida called “The Ledger”, Lutz is quoted as saying that he asked Rose and Dubois for one more
year, and the answer was no.

From the Big O’s Q&A with Dubois and Rose (linked in Reply #2 above):

[b]Q: Did Bobby put up much of a counter argument? Dubois:[/b] I think Bobby was as he always is, a very straight-up guy. I think he understood the basis of the decision and he certainly had his views on what he thought he could do with another year but that was a point at which we were not going to compromise.

Sorry Run49er, I can’t seem to find the “Q & A” you refer to. Link?

[quote=“wakeniner, post:13, topic:22769”]Sorry Run49er, I can’t seem to find the “Q & A” you refer to. Link?[/quote]It’s in Reply #2 to this thread, right above the picture of front page of the Observer sports section announcing Lutz’s dismissal. Will link you to all 6 pieces by Big O sportswriters (NOTE: doesn’t include Cranston’s AP piece, which I gather is what the Lakeland Ledger printed/linked).