Utter

Jim should never “utter” another word on this board! lol

Happy bday Utter… lol… ???

My point was simple: To point out hypocrisy by the usual suspects on this board who claim to be “real” 49ers fans.

In the span of 10 minutes after Friday night’s game you saw:
“We shoot too many 3s” … same thing said by same people every year here
"We don’t know how to play defense." … same thing said by same people every year
"I can’t believe we offered a scholarship to --------- (fill in any player here)" … same thing said by same people every year
Powerbait’s great wisdom: “Well, we’ll be better next year.” … This after Game 1 and from the guy who wanted to fire coach ------ (fill in the blank, he’s said it so much he’s probably said it about all of them) years ago because fans were saying this all the time!
And then the trashing of the players. Let’s see, called them “cry babies,” “Whiners” and a host of others.
And to clear it up, my comments weren’t about the program, the coach or any player.
They were about YOU (likely most who wrote on this thread).

[quote=“Jim Utter, post:23, topic:24335”] My point was simple: To point out hypocrisy by the usual suspects on this board who claim to be “real” 49ers fans.

"We don’t know how to play defense." … same thing said by same people every year
"I can’t believe we offered a scholarship to --------- (fill in any player here)" … same thing said by same people every year
Powerbait’s great wisdom: “Well, we’ll be better next year.” … This after Game 1 and from the guy who wanted to fire coach ------ (fill in the blank, he’s said it so much he’s probably said it about all of them) years ago because fans were saying this all the time!
And then the trashing of the players. Let’s see, called them “cry babies,” “Whiners” and a host of others.
And to clear it up, my comments weren’t about the program, the coach or any player.
They were about YOU (likely most who wrote on this thread).[/quote]

And I still have yet to see anything wrong with what people are saying. Go to any message board, for any team with a following, and you’ll find the same type of comments. We’re not all going to be rational and intelligent, and we’re going to complain. I don’t get why people expect us to be “rah-rah” about everything, find me a program where that happens and they’re either just coming off a national championship or the fanbase consists of players parents.

Your tweets following the G-W loss were just as idiotic as the posts on this board.

clt gives Utter credit for showing up here and posting, unlike his slimy little boss mike p.

[quote=“Jim Utter, post:23, topic:24335”] My point was simple: To point out hypocrisy by the usual suspects on this board who claim to be “real” 49ers fans.

They were about YOU (likely most who wrote on this thread).
[/quote]

We shot 34 threes, made 8, that’s too many now matter who you are.
We gave up 78 points to a team that was in the 300-350 range last year, that’s bad D.
Sirin got killed on D and shot 1-8, he was obviously a project.

If we are all going to pull a Rasheed Wallace and say “both teams played hard” after every game, we might as well not even have a message board, we can get all our info from charlotte49ers.com. J Felt, put it best, I’m just adding to his comment.

Way to go team! You didn’t play so well, but by golly, you tried hard! Aw shucks, maybe next time we’ll get a bit luckier! Kudos to Gardner-Webb for being a jolly good sport!

utter win

Is it too much to ask that a newspaper reporter just report the damn news as unbiased and professional as possible without getting into pissing matches on internet message boards? Its so damn unproffesional.

Utter threw away the professional tag a long time ago.

Sorry we weren’t as happy as you were after the loss. I was not surprised by the loss. I think we win if our bigs avoid foul trouble. I guess we are to never say player X had a bad game, we might hurt his feelings. JB, Sirin and Derrio all had bad games. That is 1/2 of the scholarship players we had dress out. 1/3 of the scholarship guys fouled out. We had 2 walkons playing meaningful minutes in the first half. I think it’s fair to put some blame on the Seniors that were suspended due to “team violations.” If they can’t take that criticism, we have much bigger things to worry about.

FTFY.

We all pretty much support the team through thick and thin, but these players should know that playing a sport in front of thousands of people COULD eventually lead to criticism of your poor play.

I can answer your rehetorical question if you’d like.

FTFY.

We all pretty much support the team through thick and thin, but these players should know that playing a sport in front of thousands of people COULD eventually lead to criticism of your poor play.[/quote]
^
misses entire point Utter is making

FTFY.

We all pretty much support the team through thick and thin, but these players should know that playing a sport in front of thousands of people COULD eventually lead to criticism of your poor play.[/quote]
^
misses entire point Utter is making[/quote]

Sorry, i had a hard time figuring out what his point was. It might’ve been before or after he rambled about “real” fans.

FTFY.

^
misses entire point Utter is making[/quote]

Its not hard to do. His post was almost incomprehensible.

what makes a “real” fan?

Well first you land a paper column. Then you talk s*** about the home team and how much they suck. Then you finish it off by explaining how you weren’t talking about the s***** team but instead the teams s***** fans bc everyone knows that is much better.

According to some, you never criticize, complain, discuss, or point out any problem, or issue with a team. You just keep chanting Go Niners after every win or loss and don’t dare complain if it’s a loss. I post on a Braves forum as well and it’s amazing how you have those who never want to hear anything negative or critical about a team even if and when the team struggles.

[font=verdana]you have to admit, though true, it is kinda ironic all that was said (myself included) throughout that entire game. Pretty much the same stuff we’ve said since before Major got here. I believe the changes take time.[/font]

[font=verdana]and for the record, I do think there is a fine line between what Jim was doing by making his statements and what all of you [/font][font=verdana][size=12px]perceived[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=78%] it to be. He was making fun of a lot of the posters on THIS BOARD, not the program or a majority of its fans. I can assure you he didn’t enjoy that loss anymore than any of us did - so be pissed he made fun of you, not that he made fun of our team, program, and fans.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana]Another thing, he didn’t take any direct shots at anyones professionalism, looks, etc. - just what they typically say. Funny how we all get so much keyboard courage on here over criticism, isn’t it? [/font]

[font=verdana]Jim covered us proudly. I used to joke that he had the best job in the world covering the niners and nascar simultaneously, and he would agree. Some very unfortunate things happened over at the observer last year and he got called into another line that required a lot more time. I can almost guarantee you he would still love to be doing both. We didn’t (and still don’t) have much in the Observer, and thats unfortunate, but I thought Jim did a great job bringing us all the information he could. The real complaint should be that he wasn’t made a full-time Niner journalist, but somethings are out of the employees hands.[/font]

[font=verdana]Jim, feel free to correct any of my assumptions or understandings.[/font]

[font=verdana]Now lets go win the Charleston Classic and put all this behind us. Winning cures all, right?[/font]