Valpo Home Game 12-16-19 7:00 Tip

ELb3PpAUEAE2KF3

https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/49ERS4LITERACY

Looking over the series history and we’re 2-4 all time vs the Crusaders - 0-3 at home (Belk Gym and Halton Arena), 1-1 in Indiana, and 1-0 on a neutral court (Rainbow Classic @ University of Hawaii). Most recent tilt was the one in Honolulu in December, 2006 - a 74-62 Niner win.

Good piece about Valpo:

We win and get to 5-4 that’d be great. Took us until Jan 19 last year to win our 5th game and haven’t had a winning record through 9 games since 2016. Progress. Slow and steady.

1 Like

And to do it against Valpo would be impressive…they have a solid team.

I agree, I’ll be at this game more than likely.

You can’t have Valpo without Alpo.

Anyone know if the game is on TV anywhere? I cant seem to find it anywhere except the CUSA thing, which I refuse to do. Hate I cant make the game, but too much to do to get ready for our bowl.

hard to believe that there’s no comment here on the game. only followed on stats but surmised that our D forced them outside where they failed. big bowl game coming up but MBB is still a thing!

Really good night from our guys. Young is an animal on the glass. Shep was red hot. Edwards was all over the floor on D and Martin has that killer instinct. We seem to be getting better and better.

This is still the team that has three really bad losses.

Vasic, Bertram, and younger continue to see limited minutes.

Solid game. We played ok. Felt like we just couldn’t get a good extended run on defense or offense to really get breathing room. Crowd got into the game a few times. Best was the Forty Niner chant as the clock wound down.

why wasen’t carrawell on the bench today? i thought our defense played well, especially in the first half. we forced them to hit some tough shots but we didn’t give up many easy shots. if this team had 1 more consistent three point shooter, we could be pretty good. i loved the defensive effort. bamba looked great.

2 Likes

And is maturing before our eyes!

We need Bamba on the floor to run the O through him. So much better when he is out there.

Defense was pretty good despite a few lapses…but man our offense is painful. Sheperd is the only player that looks to score. Everyone else just seems ok to pass to the next guy until the shot clock gets under 5 then we see what happens. It’s like a college version of hot potato…whoever has it at the 5sec mark is it and must try to score.

So odd…and so frustrating.

OMG and speaking of frustrating…TWill 2 (Supica) is even more frustrating. Ball off the knee out of bounds with an open lane under the basket, foot lands out of bounds on a defensive rebound, hedges too far BEFORE a screen is set and lets his guy roll to a backdoor dunk, misses the front end of a one & one…just some of the most frustrating mistakes…over and over again almost every other time he touches the ball. So TWill-ish.