VCU biggest game since...?

I agree. Its a huge game, just like UMass was last weekend. If we want to have a chance at the tourney, we have to protect the home court and beat the best A10 teams here. Weā€™ve done that so far and have not lost in Halton, thatā€™s why we still have a chance. If we can pick this win up, itā€™ll go a long way. Big game, lets pack Halton and make it a tough environment for the rams!

What? So our NCAA Tournament game against NC State wasnā€™t bigger? ???

Biggest game since '05 at Louisville. I was at that game. We were ranked around 15th. Louisville was 2nd. We lost a hard fought game that took the life out of us for the next 7 years. Epic collapse to end that season losing at South Florida two nights later, to Memphis in 1st round of CUSA tourney, and blowing big lead against State in NCAA 1st round. We have sucked ever since.

I thought the Big O didnā€™t do pre-game stories???

I thought the Big O didnā€™t do pre-game stories???[/quote]

They do some of them NOW, and have done some occasional stories for the past 2 or 3 years. They USED TO NEVER DO THEM for us back in our CUSA days.

Like Iā€™ve stated numerous times, the coverage has been a little better for the past couple years, but like Niner Mike recently proved in his top notch scientific analysis, it still sucks when compared to the pimping the O gives the fagship school in Chapel Hill. Actually, someone on here (NA perhaps) speculated 2 or 3 years ago that the Raleigh paper was now having more of a say-so in what the O prints.

I thought the Big O didnā€™t do pre-game stories???[/quote]

They do some of them NOW, and have done some occasional stories for the past 2 or 3 years. They USED TO NEVER DO THEM for us back in our CUSA days.

Like Iā€™ve stated numerous times, the coverage has been a little better for the past couple years, but like Niner Mike recently proved in his top notch scientific analysis, it still sucks when compared to the pimping the O gives the fagship school in Chapel Hill. Actually, someone on here (NA perhaps) speculated 2 or 3 years ago that the Raleigh paper was now having more of a say-so in what the O prints.

Quite a bit about Henry in the Richmond paper pre-game write-up.

The Rams have a meeting tonight with 49ers point guard Pierria Henry, who is averaging 9 points, ranks in the top 10 nationally in steals per game and is well known to most of the VCU coaching staff. The 6-foot-3 sophomore committed to VCU in May 2010, then opted not to sign.

Henry, a two-sport star in South Charleston, W.Va., underwent several surgeries after developing a blood clot in his leg late in his junior year. VCUā€™s coaching staff was the first to call while he was in the hospital, Henry said in an interview with The Times-Dispatch shortly after he committed.

He chose the Rams, he said, because he believed Smart and his staff would serve as father figures; because he believed the Rams would give him a chance to get to the NBA; and because his grandfather and biggest fan, Jerry Stephens, was partial to VCU and its staff after a visit in February. Mr. Stephens died that May.

Projected to miss football his senior year, Henry returned to play. He declined an offer to play football at Marshall, according to the Charleston Daily Mail, and signed with Charlotte to play basketball.

Smart said Henry did not tell him why he didnā€™t sign with VCU.

ā€œIt was one of the strangest recruiting situations Iā€™ve ever encountered,ā€ he said.

ā€œPierria has done great. Iā€™m not surprised at all. Heā€™s a really good player. Heā€™s a nice kid. I wish him nothing but the best.ā€

Timesdispatch.com: VCU begins second-half gantlet in A-10

Playing around with ticketreturn.com, it looks like all of the gold, orange, and blue sections are sold. Thereā€™s about 100 remaining in the red section, and about 150 in the green, all in the back rows.
https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Stadium2.asp?layout=C3_Halton_Arena_Seating_Diagram.jpg[/quote]There probably will be scalpers on the plaza by the clock tower. That is a welcome sign of returning relevance.

Big enough to being me down from Chicago for the game - first game in almost 12 years. Hitting up Picassoā€™s now for dinner and drinks. Go Niners!!

Great meeting you. Hope you can make it to some more games!