VCU, GMU & Butler to A10?

This is good news. If butler comes along, I will be pumped!

While it would be good for the conference it gives me pause. If the A10 builds itself into a more attractive fit for us it will prompt our AD to sit tight. That is what has screwed us in the past - the desire to hold on to the current rather than build for the future.

Rumors (and denials) are flying again!

Timesdispatch.com: VCU, George Mason deny latest report of move to A-10

I shouldn’t say it but if Ben wexlmann is right then the A10 might be stronger than the ACC in '12/13. Woo hoo!

[quote=“Run49er, post:43, topic:26518”]Rumors (and denials) are flying again!

Timesdispatch.com: VCU, George Mason deny latest report of move to A-10[/quote]

And they’ll keep denying it right up till the press conference. Karl Benson and GSU did the same thing 3 weeks ago. All the folks on CAAZone say that Yeager’s reaction is identical to what happened right before Richmond moved to the A10 as well.

While that may become true, no one will ever acknowledge it as fact.

A10 for basketball, Sunbelt for football. I could deal with that. Or just CUSA for everything.

[quote=“2k, post:47, topic:26518”]A10 for basketball, Sunbelt for football. I could deal with that. Or just CUSA for everything.[/quote]Not much difference in basketball between the two (SBC & CUSA) anymore.

More…

Rushthecourt.net: Atlantic 10 Remains Serious About Its Basketball Presence

Dailypresss.com: Sources say VCU, Mason could depart from CAA in coming weeks

Dailypress.com: Source on VCU, Mason possibly leaving CAA: “I just get a sense that all hell is about ready to break loose”

Dailypress.com: CAA worth saving, but change could be radical if VCU, Mason bolt to Atlantic 10

Latest…

Indystar.com: Do dollars make sense for Butler to join Atlantic 10?

ESPN.com: Report: Butler debating A-10 move

[quote=“Run49er, post:50, topic:26518”]Latest…

Indystar.com: Do dollars make sense for Butler to join Atlantic 10?[/quote]Why do our Women’s basketball and soccer teams cost more for travel than our Men’s teams?

[quote=“Nugget, post:51, topic:26518”][quote=“Run49er, post:50, topic:26518”]Latest…

Indystar.com: Do dollars make sense for Butler to join Atlantic 10?[/quote]Why do our Women’s basketball and soccer teams cost more for travel than our Men’s teams?[/quote] Can’t see what year these figures came from, but in the 2010-2011 academic year both basketball and soccer had quite a bit larger women’s than men’s squads. Women’s soccer had an unusually high number of players and of course, men’s basketball had about half a team. Just my recollection. Not taking the time to look it up.

My first thought was that they were involved in post-season tournaments.

Butler to the A10.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7881983/butler-bulldogs-leaving-horizon-league-atlantic-10-2013-14

Get VCU. GMU…eh…sure why not. Then rename this conference. New identity. Embrace being a basketball conference. Heck maybe Duke will join 1 day. Last time I checked they still don’t have a football team.

Ugh, this thread really bums me out now.

Doesn’t bum me out at all. We have been in the A10 and have done nothing at all that matters on a national stage. I could care less for the success of Temple and Xavier.

I’d rather be in a weaker conference where we can compete and win more games. I’m tired of finishing .500 or slightly worse or slightly better.

Screw the A10.

CUSA needs to recruit Butler, VCU, & GMU. Butler can move up, & VCU & GMU can get FB.

Screw the A10 - never has been a fit for us not by school types, not by fan and alumni support, not by style of basketball, recruiting - nothing has worked for us. Just a match that doesn’t work. If we were staying and Temple was staying VCU, GMU and Butler wouldn’t be coming in. So it isn’t like this is what the conference would have looked like had we stayed. What good is having a top basketball conference if it doesn’t fit your profile. In other words sure you can hang out with the pretty girls that are 10s all night long - but who cares if you never get to take her home. The quality of basketball by be down in CUSA but its better to hang out with a 7 and get her naked than go home jacking off thinking about the 10. What is the point of being in the A10 if we can never adjust, fit in and win?

Not to mention that we all knew that basketball was at some point going to have to go backwards to go forwards. If we ever dream of being back with our like schools in Memphis, Cincy, etc this is a no brainer. Just tired of hearing anyone complain about this move becuase it is absolutely a HUGE win for our athletics to be making this move and withouth playing a down of football.

What good is being in the world’s greatest basketball conference if no one ever sees you play in it?

CUSA actually has a TV contract that shows games on TV.