Vick a Panther???

[QUOTE=cltniners;423862]clt says what vick did wasn’t a one time mistake, he continued the behavior. then he lied to the commissioner, his owner and the fans and said that the “feds” have nothing on him.[/QUOTE]

Damn guys, it ws dogfighting- not slave trafficking, rape or murder.

Friggin’ drug dealers that prey on children get less time and Vick has paid one helluva penalty.

I’m not condoning what he did, but come on, he didn’t kill anyone.

Problem is, people in this country try to be so PC- they kiss PETA’s ass are afraid to go against them.

I believe he should be allowed back. As the good book says, “He who is without sin, cast the first stone.”

Damn guys, it ws dogfighting- not slave trafficking, rape or murder.

Friggin’ drug dealers that prey on children get less time and Vick has paid one helluva penalty.

Problem is, people in this country try to be so PC- they kiss PETA’s ass are afraid to piss to go against them.

I believe he should be allowed back. As the good book says, “He who is without sin, cast the first stone.”

Thank You.

[QUOTE=hootie;423865]Damn guys, it ws dogfighting- not slave trafficking, rape or murder.

Problem is, people in this country try to be so PC- they kiss PETA’s ass are afraid to go against them.

I believe he should be allowed back. As the good book says, “He who is without sin, cast the first stone.”[/QUOTE]

He has served his time and deserves a second chance.

This move does not make sense for the Panthers on or off the field. Like I said, they have more important needs than signing a gimmick QB/RB and the media circus that will follow.

He has served his time and deserves a second chance.

This move does not make sense for the Panthers on or off the field. Like I said, they have more important needs than signing a gimminck QB/RB and the media circus that will follow.

When Jake Delhomme is your QB, having another one on the roster isn’t a bad thing.

I think people forget how good of a player Vick was. Him at QB with the Atlanta 2006 running attack of Vick / Dunn / Norwood look tame.

With the right defense, that sort of offense with a weapon like Smith our wide could be deadly.

I’m a Raider fan. Hope we sign him and cut Russell (hope I’m wrong about him), let Garcia take the reins for a year and then let Vick have it.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;423873]He has served his time and deserves a second chance.

This move does not make sense for the Panthers on or off the field. Like I said, they have more important needs than signing a gimmick QB/RB and the media circus that will follow.[/QUOTE]

Don’t disagree with this at all. Sign a DT

When Jake Delhomme is your QB, having another one on the roster isn't a bad thing.

I think people forget how good of a player Vick was. Him at QB with the Atlanta 2006 running attack of Vick / Dunn / Norwood look tame.

With the right defense, that sort of offense with a weapon like Smith our wide could be deadly.

Career winning % (Games Started)- 55%
Playoff record- 2-2
Career Passer Rating- 75.7
Career Completion %- 53.8
Career TD’s (Rush and Pass)- 92
Career TO’s (Int and Fum)- 107

At best he was a mediocre, overhyped QB. Ask Roddy White how good Vick is. The year he leaves White becomes a Pro-Bowler.

Career winning % (Games Started)- 55% Playoff record- 2-2 Career Passer Rating- 75.7 Career Completion %- 53.8 Career TD's (Rush and Pass)- 92 Career TO's (Int and Fum)- 107

At best he was a mediocre, overhyped QB. Ask Roddy White how good Vick is. The year he leaves White becomes a Pro-Bowler.

Convenient to leave out his rushing statistics…

Ask Alge Crumpler how he felt with Vick at QB…

A big deal was made that Roddy White’s problems were his own, not because of Vick. I saw an interview with him and their new coach and basically the coach had to go to White’s mom to get him out of the party / primadona scenario.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;423897]Career winning % (Games Started)- 55%
Playoff record- 2-2
Career Passer Rating- 75.7
Career Completion %- 53.8
Career TD’s (Rush and Pass)- 92
Career TO’s (Int and Fum)- 107

At best he was a mediocre, overhyped QB. Ask Roddy White how good Vick is. The year he leaves White becomes a Pro-Bowler.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Great flashes of brilliance, but otherwise lackluster numbers. To me he has more potential as “slash” player, but time will tell.

Let me throw this out there: Steve Smith, continued bad behavior, continued second chances.

Remember he was arrested for what he did to Anthony Bright. That was no run-of-the-mill fight.

From Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald:

[QUOTE]Lots of smart reporters are getting it wrong. #Panthers are not on the Vick list. Fox deserves it for not answering the question, though.[/QUOTE]

http://twitter.com/daringantt/statuses/3264444831

Career winning % (Games Started)- 55% Playoff record- 2-2 Career Passer Rating- 75.7 Career Completion %- 53.8 Career TD's (Rush and Pass)- 92 Career TO's (Int and Fum)- 107

I’ve never been a fan of Vick, but he was a play maker. I don’t see how you could post his stats and leave off his rushing yards… 3,859 or total yards: 15,364

over 64 starts thats 229yds/game
in comparison peyton manning: 263yds/game
brett favre: 248yds/game
john elway: 237yds/game

I’m not saying I want him in Charlotte, but I don’t think I’d put him in the medicore category.

[QUOTE=NLP;423905]Let me throw this out there: Steve Smith, continued bad behavior, continued second chances.

Remember he was arrested for what he did to Anthony Bright. That was no run-of-the-mill fight.[/QUOTE]

Ding, Ding, Ding- no more calls we have a winner!!!

[QUOTE=hootie;423914]Ding, Ding, Ding- no more calls we have a winner!!![/QUOTE]

clt submits kerry collins.

Had he not had alcohol in his system, I bet you anything he doesnt KILL a person. regardless of the situation. Someone has ran out completely in front of my car before and i barely grazed them because I still could react. Vick is a figurehead in an operation where the media had to target someone and both the media and organizations/people like PETA have blown it way out of proportion. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and animals and I think he deserved a longer sentence than he got...but not a longer sentence than someone who kills someone drunk driving. By someone, I mean an effing person. Leonard Little did the same thing and was playing before Vick was. The lesson here, I guess, is that dogs>people.

I couldn’t disagree more. While I have definitely softened my stance against Vick, I think what he did was worse than Stallworth.

The reason for my opinion is the issue of intent. Stallworth had no intent to harm anyone, he made a terrible decision and a person died, because of it. But, Did you see where it happened? It was in the middle of a busy highway. Why was there a pedestrian there? At least Stallworth was a man about it and took responsibility for his actions, which is why he received a much lighter punishment than Vick. Stallworth is not a bad guy for what he did. I actually feel bad not only for the victim’s family, but also Stallworth who has to live with what he did. Every time I’ve heard him speak, he has owned up to what happened and has shown the degree of remorse that you’d expect someone his shoes to have. I also think that what the DA in NYC is doing to Plaxico is total BS.

Vick on the other hand was a bad guy and did what he did over a long period of time. He tried to lie his way out of it and when he couldn’t do that, he went to jail.

My opinion on Vick is that he was a bad guy. Honestly, I didn’t need another reason to hate him, but I am a dog lover and it was terrible what he did. With that being said, I’d actually welcome him here with open arms. I really think he learned his lesson. That doesn’t happen often, but in this case, he lost so much that he deserves an opportunity at redemption. And I’d love for us to give him that opportunity.

Intent, motive and opportunity are what makes a crime. Vick had all three and Stallworth only had one. Stallworth doesn’t deserve to be completely let off the hook and he wasn’t. I don’t think a thirty day jail sentence was enough of a punishment, but it was something. And if you keep him in longer then you have to create more room for him, which is why there are repeat offenders, who are bad people running around.

Same thing goes for Plaxico. His case is basically an indictment of the 2nd amendment. It was his gun and he owned it legally, he accidently shot himself. That would be enough of a punishment for me not to do that again. If not just for the pain of being shot, but also for the embarassment and my homies giving me **** about it. It’s total bull**** what they are doing to him. If Antonio Pierce had been indicted it would have been absolutely ridiculous. IMO, he acted in a totally responsible way. But they still tried to indict him anyway.

clt submits kerry collins.

He was an alcoholic and a coke head?

I couldn't disagree more. While I have definitely softened my stance against Vick, I think what he did was worse than Stallworth.

The reason for my opinion is the issue of intent. Stallworth had no intent to harm anyone, he made a terrible decision and a person died, because of it. But, Did you see where it happened? It was in the middle of a busy highway. Why was there a pedestrian there? At least Stallworth was a man about it and took responsibility for his actions, which is why he received a much lighter punishment than Vick. Stallworth is not a bad guy for what he did. I actually feel bad not only for the victim’s family, but also Stallworth who has to live with what he did. Every time I’ve heard him speak, he has owned up to what happened and has shown the degree of remorse that you’d expect someone his shoes to have. I also think that what the DA in NYC is doing to Plaxico is total BS.

Vick on the other hand was a bad guy and did what he did over a long period of time. He tried to lie his way out of it and when he couldn’t do that, he went to jail.

My opinion on Vick is that he was a bad guy. Honestly, I didn’t need another reason to hate him, but I am a dog lover and it was terrible what he did. With that being said, I’d actually welcome him here with open arms. I really think he learned his lesson. That doesn’t happen often, but in this case, he lost so much that he deserves an opportunity at redemption. And I’d love for us to give him that opportunity.

Intent, motive and opportunity are what makes a crime. Vick had all three and Stallworth only had one. Stallworth doesn’t deserve to be completely let off the hook and he wasn’t. I don’t think a thirty day jail sentence was enough of a punishment, but it was something. And if you keep him in longer then you have to create more room for him, which is why there are repeat offenders, who are bad people running around.

Same thing goes for Plaxico. His case is basically an indictment of the 2nd amendment. It was his gun and he owned it legally, he accidently shot himself. That would be enough of a punishment for me not to do that again. If not just for the pain of being shot, but also for the embarassment and my homies giving me **** about it. It’s total bull**** what they are doing to him. If Antonio Pierce had been indicted it would have been absolutely ridiculous. IMO, he acted in a totally responsible way. But they still tried to indict him anyway.

Serious… serious… serious…

Still serious… making good points… serious…

Serious… serious…

Then:

Hahaha he said homies.:lmao:

Serious... serious... serious....

Still serious… making good points… serious…

Serious… serious…

Then:

Hahaha he said homies.:lmao:

Well, my post was so long I felt it needed comic relief.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;423942]Well, my post was so long I felt it needed comic relief.[/QUOTE]

Well done.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;423922]I couldn’t disagree more. While I have definitely softened my stance against Vick, I think what he did was worse than Stallworth.

Same thing goes for Plaxico. His case is basically an indictment of the 2nd amendment. It was his gun and he owned it legally, he accidently shot himself. That would be enough of a punishment for me not to do that again. If not just for the pain of being shot, but also for the embarassment and my homies giving me **** about it. It’s total bull**** what they are doing to him. If Antonio Pierce had been indicted it would have been absolutely ridiculous. IMO, he acted in a totally responsible way. But they still tried to indict him anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I’m saying is the problem. Everyone loves to act like drunk driving has no intent behind it like he tripped fell and ended up drunk and in his car. He shouldn’t have been behind the wheel of a car, because of the possibility of killing someone or himself. That seems like enough intent considering they usually give people 5-10-20 year sentences based on doing it. Unless you play football. Then it’s fine and forgivable as long as you recite the apology your lawyer hands to you.