Vick a Panther???

Michael Smith pretty much guaranteed it today on NFL Live. Thoughts?

Based on Roger Godell’s track record for dealing with this kind of situation, I would say that if Vick was cleared to play again, he will be fine off the field. He has done his time, paid his dues, and deserves to play again.

On the field, bring him on ANY day… but not as a “QB”.

Imagine being a linebacker, scanning the offense’s set. At QB, a standup passer who has proven that he has a decent ability to run, if he has to. Then, you have not one, not two, but three running backs to worry about. One is small, quick, and fast. Another is big, powerful, and can run you over like it’s nobody’s business. The other is big, fast, and has one hell of an arm.

Might as well just give up, huh?

one hell of a wildcat offense + 1 steve smith…

the panthers have never had an ounce of media attention and i’m usually a pretty big fan of that cause flying under the radar is better than being constantly talked about year in and year out yet not winning a playoff game in 13 years…etc.

however, he would bring another dimension to our offense and i would love to watch him smash atlanta the way he destroyed us for a few years. everyone loves to hate him though since he killed a person…oh wait, that was donte stalworth…the guy who no one talks about or dislikes. i love you, media

[QUOTE=ninerball49;423831]one hell of a wildcat offense + 1 steve smith…

the panthers have never had an ounce of media attention and i’m usually a pretty big fan of that cause flying under the radar is better than being constantly talked about year in and year out yet not winning a playoff game in 13 years…etc.

however, he would bring another dimension to our offense and i would love to watch him smash atlanta the way he destroyed us for a few years. everyone loves to hate him though since he killed a person…oh wait, that was donte stalworth…the guy who no one talks about or dislikes. i love you, media[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it’s fair to compare Stallworth and Vick. 2 totally diff situations. I have no compassion for what Stallworth did, but they guy he hit RAN out in front of his car. That doesn’t happen, Stallworth is never in any trouble.

Vick’s situation is totally different IMHO.

[QUOTE=moss2k;423833]I don’t think it’s fair to compare Stallworth and Vick. 2 totally diff situations. I have no compassion for what Stallworth did, but they guy he hit RAN out in front of his car. That doesn’t happen, Stallworth is never in any trouble.

Vick’s situation is totally different IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Had he not had alcohol in his system, I bet you anything he doesnt KILL a person. regardless of the situation. Someone has ran out completely in front of my car before and i barely grazed them because I still could react. Vick is a figurehead in an operation where the media had to target someone and both the media and organizations/people like PETA have blown it way out of proportion. Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs and animals and I think he deserved a longer sentence than he got…but not a longer sentence than someone who kills someone drunk driving. By someone, I mean an effing person. Leonard Little did the same thing and was playing before Vick was. The lesson here, I guess, is that dogs>people.

Vick deserves a chance to get on with his life.

I’d welcome him. Everyone deserves a second chance regardless, let him try to prove it. The Panthers don’t have much behind Delhomme and Vick is still only like 27 and could take the reins as a future franchise QB.

Michael Smith pretty much guaranteed it today on NFL Live. Thoughts?

Define “pretty much guaranteed”?

Define "pretty much guaranteed"?

It was his own personal opinion of where Smith would go and where he would fit best out the 7 or so speculative teams. It wasn’t a guarantee.

It was his own personal opinion of where Smith would go and where he would fit best out the 7 or so speculative teams. It wasn't a guarantee.

Haha. Yeah I just found it on ESPN.com

He was speculating like everyone else. He has no more info than we do.

You think John Fox or for the matter, Jerry Richardson, wants a circus here? nope.

No chance…

You think John Fox or for the matter, Jerry Richardson, wants a circus here? nope.

No chance…

agreed. not a chance he winds up here.

[QUOTE=Savio;423841]You think John Fox or for the matter, Jerry Richardson, wants a circus here? nope.

No chance…[/QUOTE]

If Tony Dungy and Roger Goodell are vouching for him there is chance. That’s why you are hearing rumors that some of the most respected franchises are looking at him (i.e. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, and Panthers).

Putting Vick in the backfield gives you an old Reggie Bush. He might be electric for a few plays, but he is going to be injury riddled as a RB because he’s not built to play there. To me, you either play him at QB or use him as a slot receiver similar to Nate Washington. The Panthers use Smith for many of those under routes now, but a duel threat would be interesting. As a QB Vick’s career completion % is low, but he can’t ever be as bad as Delhomme was in last season’s playoff game.

clt does not want this a-hole and will find another team to support.

[QUOTE=cltniners;423853]clt does not want this a-hole and will find another team to support.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you will do this anyways even if he doesn’t come here. I don’t agree with what the guy did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

I don't agree with what the guy did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

I agree, I just hope his second chance is with another team.

Yeah, “pretty much guaranteed,” equals something like, “I’ll go ahead and predict that he ends up with the Panthers.”

Which is pretty close to a guarantee. And Smith is usually pretty in on everything football, so it deserves some credence.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;423855]Hopefully you will do this anyways even if he doesn’t come here. I don’t agree with what the guy did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.[/QUOTE]

clt says what vick did wasn’t a one time mistake, he continued the behavior. then he lied to the commissioner, his owner and the fans and said that the “feds” have nothing on him.

[QUOTE=sreniN;423857]Yeah, “pretty much guaranteed,” equals something like, “I’ll go ahead and predict that he ends up with the Panthers.”

Which is pretty close to a guarantee. And Smith is usually pretty in on everything football, so it deserves some credence.[/QUOTE]

I saw that last night and it was pure speculation. I doubt a team that shoves the ‘family friendly’ environment down your throat will be signing a felon. I know he has served his time but as John Fox says, ‘It is what it is.’

This team needs to be out there looking to sign a DT, not some gimmick QB/RB or whatever postion he will play.