Volleyball - Redding and staff "released"

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=209314435&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well apparently Judy expects more than fund-raising from our girl’s sports.

At some point you have to cut ties with perpetual mediocrity.

Not surprising at all. We’ve been terrible at Volleyball since my freshman year in 2007 which, incidentally, was Redding’s first year IIRC.

We weren’t mediocre, we flat out sucked.

We weren’t mediocre, we flat out sucked.[/quote]Being nice here, we weren’t this bad every year.

In seven seasons at Charlotte, Redding posted a 93-110 mark overall. The 2010 49ers finished 16-15, their best season in that span. :-\

Hey when you bump mens basketball and get a prime time slot and cant close the deal the AD had to make a change.

I really think Redding probably survived a few extra years because the AD staff just couldn’t take on the search, interviewing, and on-boarding of a new coaching staff with football consuming all of their time.

I think this is gross misconduct. He looked exactly like NWA.

We haven’t been good in volleyball since Fortune and Stacia were there.

Were we good then… Or just good looking?

Were we good then… Or just good looking?[/quote]
well with Stacy, Jessica and Sara Nelson that was a model-esque team.

Were we good then… Or just good looking?[/quote]
well with Stacy, Jessica and Sara Nelson that was a model-esque team.[/quote]
They are the reason why God made volleyball uniforms out of spandex

Tough news…met and spoke to Redding and he’s a great guy. Unfortunately, it’s a results business, and the AD made the decision based on the results that they had seen.

Unless you are married to someone in the AD then 20 years of mediocre are ok.

Unless you are married to someone in the AD then 20 years of mediocre are ok.[/quote]

What sport are you referring to?

I expected this at the end of last season. I think the reason it didn’t happen earlier was the team’s positive off court activity including Dig Pink and a very good team GPA. I know most fans don’t really care about winning at this sport as long as the girls look good, but Redding was too accepting of defeat until his job was on the line this year. Too bad for him, inexperience and injuries doomed the team this season. Still, probably a move Judy didn’t want to make.

Unless you are married to someone in the AD then 20 years of mediocre are ok.[/quote]
8)

What sport are you referring to?[/quote]

I think there is only one team on campus who fits this description.

What sport are you referring to?[/quote]

I think there is only one team on campus who fits this description.[/quote]

Got it. But is it really a big deal? That sport doesn’t even charge people to come to games.