VOTE FOR FOOTBALL!!!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;193191]X-49er
I think maybe what uncommon is getting that, or was before, that our costs still won’t be as high as some of the other schools regarded as premier in our states.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that (cheaper than other prominant state universities), and the proximity to their homes is what attracts a lot of our students. Not starting a riff with you or uncommon, but to me it’s not right to justify increasing fees and costs for anything by simply saying “others do it” or “we’re still lower than the other guys” even after adding the fees. I want football, but adding another hefty fee to the students will be tough pill for some to swallow. I did like the fact that UNCP at least took a vote to see what the vast majority wanted before making a decision. If 90% (the percentage of UNCP students that said they approved of the $75 increase in fees) of Charlotte students don’t mind the $200/semester fee, then charge it. I think a $50-$75 increase is what most sudents would say would be more reasonable versus $200, though. That’s still not cheap for somebody paying their own way, but most would bear it if it gets them football.

Yes I was trying to say that. I was also trying to say that if you live at home and have a life already or whatever and you can’t afford an increase in tuition, then maybe this school is not for you… I mean, they are half the problem with the school spirit problem. They are the instigators of the commuter atmosphere here and I personally couldn’t give a rats ass whether they do or don’t want football. Go to another school where you can afford it i.e. community college.

Can we please be a little more selective?

Agreed, but that (cheaper than other prominant state universities), and the proximity to their homes is what attracts a lot of our students. Not starting a riff with you or uncommon, but to me it's not right to justify increasing fees and costs for anything by simply saying "others do it" or "we're still lower than the other guys" even after adding the fees. I want football, but adding another hefty fee to the students will be tough pill for some to swallow. I did like the fact that UNCP at least took a vote to see what the vast majority wanted before making a decision. If 90% (the percentage of UNCP students that said they approved of the $75 increase in fees) of Charlotte students don't mind the $200/semester fee, then charge it. I think a $50-$75 increase is what most sudents would say would be more reasonable versus $200, though. That's still not cheap for somebody paying their own way, but most would bear it if it gets them football.

well said.