Wachovia pro-am, Lutz

Anyone know if Bobby will be playing tomorrow and what time? Nothing posted at web site. Anyone been out there yet this year? Hospitality or special parking for members of NNN? :cool:

Anyone know if Bobby will be playing tomorrow and what time? Nothing posted at web site. Anyone been out there yet this year? Hospitality or special parking for members of NNN? :cool:

Not yet. I’m going Sunday though…

Let Bobby play on an exemption and see if he can make the cut.

I hear Bobby will not be playing in pro-am this year. Wachovia isn’t Niner-friendly apparently.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;171901]Wachovia isn’t Niner-friendly apparently.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why?

I hear Bobby will not be playing in pro-am this year. Wachovia isn't Niner-friendly apparently.

“Wachovia” Fieldhouse and many Wachovia grants for faculty development and research beg to differ.

Ok, maybe they’re friendly but just didn’t invite him to play.

Wachovia was holding out for the new NCSU basketball coach.

[QUOTE=HP49er;171921]Wachovia was holding out for the new NCSU basketball coach.[/QUOTE]

maybe they’ll have one in time for next years tourney… maybe…

Cal Ripken will be there.

Here is a picture of the jersey he signed for me yesterday

great picture;)

[QUOTE=the daxified one;172130]great picture;)[/QUOTE]

I can’t shrink the pic small enough to post. Any ideas?

when does the tourney start, who all is in it?

I’ve been out there Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Tuesday were the practice rounds. I saw Ernie and Daly on the range. I followed Sergio, Luke Donald and Camilo Villegas for most of their round. Villegas is a beast. He can hit the ball REAL far! Phil was AWOL as he appearantly went to Piper Glen to practice instead. I also got to see Vijay and Jason Gore tee off on #7 (the par 5 with the ginormous houses).

Wednesday was Pro-Am day. Phil was off the first tee at 7:30am. He was really talking up his partners. Peyton Manning was playing with Luke Donald. Peyton is pretty long off the tee as well. He tried to drive the green on #8 and came up just short. Cal Ripken was playing again this year. KICK ASS! He played with Olin Browne. I also saw Furyk, DiMarco, and followed Vijay for a hole as well.

Today I got to the course and followed Daly and JB Holmes for 2 holes. These 2 holes were uneventful, which was unusual for this group. Daly started out birdie, bogey, double bogey, and later broke a club in half from what I heard. Holmes stumbled around in 80.

I picked up Mickelson on 17 and promptly saw him not get up and down from the front bunker, and then slice his tee shot into the bank on 18. Two holes, two bogies and that was enough of Phil. Retief Goosen and Aaron Baddeley were next on my list, and I followed them for most of their front nine. Retief is as stoic and emotionless as you see him on TV. He just goes about his business. Baddeley hit some good shots as well.

After a quick lunch, I picked up Els, Brad Faxon and Steve Flesch on #2, and followed them for four holes. Ernie is a big dude! He hit some nice shots, but couldn’t get the putter going.

The rough is high and thick. If the ball is not in the fairway, then it is almost impossible to get the ball to the green with the approach shot. You’ve got to make your hay on the par 5’s and just hold on from there. The par 3’s are a beast, with #6 measuring 250 yds. Many players are hitting fairway metals off the tee there. The impending rain may soften the course up and yield some lower scores, but Quail is playing tough right now. I am surprised to see that Furyk and Sabbatini fire 68’s in the tougher afternoon conditions. Check out Duval hangin in there at -1.

I’ve got pics from the first two days that I may add later on tonight.

I've got pics from the first two days that I may add later on tonight.

you can add it to 49erWhit’s gallery

[QUOTE=49erWhit;172131]I can’t shrink the pic small enough to post. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

www.imageshack.us and then use the direct link to the photo and put that url in your post

its worth a shot. Cal was always my favorite player since tee ball

clt mocks cal ripken. decent player, but he hurt his team going for the streak.

Great course, great field…CRAPPY FANS!!! Do you guys ever cheer? n Where are the roars? You guys suck as golf fans.

[QUOTE=Catswin;172572]Great course, great field…CRAPPY FANS!!! Do you guys ever cheer? n Where are the roars? You guys suck as golf fans.[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Who can cheer when their balls are wet and frozen? Not me.