Wake Forest Drops SAT/ACT for admissions

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;321634]I read a while back that SAT scores matter less and less to colleges, the intrest is more in how your GPA in HS was and (key) what classes you took to earn that GPA. Also your extra curriculars are important.

so yeah - not suprised to see this happen.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It’s the same with GMAT’s, GRE’s etc. Those grad school tests don’t really indicate how one will do either but I guess the schools needed something to help weed out applicants. Not sure they will change, but it’s good to see an undergraduate institution realize four years of hard work are more important than on test that last a couple of hours on one day.

You will never, ever, EVER, create an exam where you can place each and every student accurately on a standardized scale, which will supposedly quantify how smart a kid is. Sure, there’s a strong correlation between SAT score and how intelligent you are and how successful you become. That’s a fact. But there are TONS of individual cases out there of kids who flopped on the SAT, yet went on to become some incredibly smart people.