Wake Forest Drops SAT/ACT for admissions

Interesting reading the rationale behind this…

[URL=http://www.wfu.edu/wowf/2008/sat-act/][B][U]University to make SAT, ACT optional[/U][/B][/URL], Wake Forest

[URL=http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/may/27/wfu-to-make-scores-optional/][B][U]WFU to make scores optional[/U][/B][/URL], Winston-Salem Journal

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1086264.html][B][U]Wake Forest to drop SAT[/U][/B][/URL], Raleigh News & Observer

personally i think this is a smart idea. SAT and ACT don’t exactly show how you are going to perform in a college setting.

personally i think this is a smart idea. SAT and ACT don't exactly show how you are going to perform in a college setting.

I guess SOMEbody scored a 350 on their SATs… :rolleyes:

j/k dawg! j/k

haha not even close i got a 1210 just in case you were wondering

My ex scored somewhere in the 1000’s (she never would tell me the exact number) and was turned down for scholarships but she was able to hold a 3.98 GPA at UNCC and graduate with honors and is going on to law school at UNC-CH, I got a 1290 and I ain’ts goin to no law schools. I agree the test is flawed, any idiot can tell I is stupider than she.

My ex scored somewhere in the 1000's (she never would tell me the exact number) and was turned down for scholarships but she was able to hold a 3.98 GPA at UNCC and graduate with honors and is going on to law school at UNC-CH, I got a 1290 and I ain'ts goin to no law schools. [B]I agree the test is flawed,[/B] any idiot can tell I is stupider than she.

it helps with whom you sit near with the same color test…

I got an 1100 while I was really hung over. How does that score translate on the sober scale?

I think my SAT score is what allowed me to get in to college. I didn’t even graduate in the top half of my high school class, but I had a pretty good SAT score.

Gotta wonder if some of this is, in part, sports related. Do you think the pool
of recruits to WFU just increased ten-fold?

I’m still trying to find out which ONE question I missed on the SAT. They never would tell me… but they did say no one ever gets a perfect score.

Over40, I know which one----Section A, No. 312: "Will there be Charlotte football
in the Twenty-first Century? lol.

Gotta wonder if some of this is, in part, sports related. Do you think the pool of recruits to WFU just increased ten-fold?

My guess is that there is no relation.

Wake [U]needs[/U] smart players for their system. What would be the point of ruining a good thing, by taking a chance on a less than stellar student with only the potential for better athleticism than what they already can get?

I read a while back that SAT scores matter less and less to colleges, the intrest is more in how your GPA in HS was and (key) what classes you took to earn that GPA. Also your extra curriculars are important.

so yeah - not suprised to see this happen.

I'm still trying to find out which ONE question I missed on the SAT. They never would tell me........ but they did say no one ever gets a perfect score.

My cousin made a perfect score and got a full ride to chapel hill. Don’t know who was told the lie.

[QUOTE=sportsman1417;321641]My cousin made a perfect score and got a full ride to chapel hill. Don’t know who was told the lie.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but why would someone waste a perfect SAT score on UNC-CH?

This isn’t a knock on UNC-CH, but if you get a perfect score, you have to go to an Ivy.

No offense, but why would someone waste a perfect SAT score on UNC-CH?

This isn’t a knock on UNC-CH, but if you get a perfect score, you have to go to an Ivy.

Because his family is from Charlotte and he has suffered from low blood pressure and is on a lot of medication. So he got a full ride offer from there and wanted to be semi close to home.

[QUOTE=sportsman1417;321643]Because his family is from Charlotte and he has suffered from low blood pressure and is on a lot of medication. So he got a full ride offer from there and wanted to be semi close to home.[/QUOTE]

That is understandable. You should have talked him into Charlotte…

Oh really Zerogenetics, how many times have you heard “I couldn’t be a student-
athlete at … 'cause I didn’t SCORE HIGH ENOUGH ON THE SAT”??? Get real
buddy.

Sorry Zero, I meant to confront 49ertimes. I have had a few tonight, beers
that is.